[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: spelling and writing

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx>, <dan-ann@xxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 12:43:52 -0400

Diane is right...the tendency for people to think it's cute, or hip, to use
the language incorrectly...and people who ltext all the time seem to forget
the proper use of words.  It's one of the reasons I objected, a couple of
years ago, to people using the phrase "da list" rather than "the list."
.  We already have a nation full of people who not only can't spell or
construct a sentence, they read with little or no comprehension...and while
everyone makes errors, people who know better should make an effort to use
correct language, if for no other reason than to set a good example.
    Mind, I don't exempt myself...I don't capitalize all the time, either,
and I've always found it easier to type a dash than use correct
punctuation...
I guess I figured everyone knew it was just laziness, not ignorance.  Some
of the posts I read on some of my lists make me wonder whether the writers
ever went to school at all.         And I'm not speaking of people who
learned English as a second language, either.

      Peggy