[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: specialty clubs NOT supporting juniors

  • From: Scharo777@xxxxxxx
  • To: jkeene2005@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 20:03:41 EST

Almost all specialty clubs certainly do support juniors.  But . . .

There could be several reasons for a club not having juniors:
   1.  New show chairman who is not aware of the need for  juniors
   2.  The club may have tried for awhile and not gotten any  entries
   3.  New akc guidelines for recognizing junior  judges.  In the past, if
you wanted to judge juniors, you just asked for it  when you got your first
breed.  This is no longer the case - It is harder  to become a jr judge.
Consequently a lot of new judges cannot judge juniors.  In that case,  it
can be difficult to find a junior judge for a specific show.  Certainly  it
is hard for a club to have to even pay expenses for someone, if there will be
 no entries.

I suggest that families who have children who are wanting to compete notify
 any specialty clubs in advance, and ask them to plan to have junior judges
 available.  This would help a lot

Carol Moore

In a message dated 11/1/2009 5:22:21 P.M. Central Standard Time,
jkeene2005@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I just  thought I'd bring up this topic, I've noticed lately there are an
awful lot of  clubs for our breed that do not offer junior showmanship at
their specialty  show...why is that? juniors are very important to have
imo....(and no I am not  just speaking up because I am one) what do you think?
and
Do you think it  should change and have more clubs support it? less? if
less, why? I understand  pulling kids out of school for dogs shows is not right
but even on weekends  there are clubs who simply choose not to support it,
why? thank you,  Jess

Jessica  Keene

http://www.freewebs.com/gsdjunior/

Hotmail:  Trusted email with Microsoft's powerful SPAM  protection.
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/

VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org