[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: specialty clubs NOT supporting juniors

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: jkeene2005@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 19:50:41 EST

In a message dated 11/1/2009 6:22:25 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jkeene2005@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I just  thought I'd bring up this topic, I've noticed lately there are an
awful lot of  clubs for our breed that do not offer junior showmanship at
their specialty  show...why is that? juniors are very important to have
imo....(and no I am not  just speaking up because I am one) what do you think?
and
Do you think it  should change and have more clubs support it? less? if
less, why? I understand  pulling kids out of school for dogs shows is not right
but even on weekends  there are clubs who simply choose not to support it,
why? thank you,  Jess

Jessica Keene

Could be a combination of things.  No juniors in the area.   Judges not
licensed to do juniors, and club not able to pay for an additional  judge.
Club forgot to request juniors when sending in their show  applications.

Ileana