[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: specialty clubs NOT supporting juniors

  • From: Scharo777@xxxxxxx
  • To: kleinkauf2@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 12:21:44 EST

I would think that most clubs would be happy to hold training classes for
juniors and encourage them to show in Jr. Show.  Our club president drags
in kids he meets in PetsMart or at the parks.  If nothing else it promotes
out breed to future dog owners.
Perhaps parents need to become more pro-active and attend meetings and ask
for classes for their kids.
We drug out kids everywhere with us, (we could not afford baby sitters  &
dog showing is such a family activity)  Cathy loved it.  Rob  didn't.
However, Rob learned to love hanging out at the Jr. ring where all  the cute
junior girls were.  See, there is something for everyone at dog  shows.

If anyone finds a club that refuses to do anything for juniors, contact  me.

Carol Moore

In a message dated 11/2/2009 10:55:10 A.M. Central Standard Time,
kleinkauf2@xxxxxxxxx writes:
When  there are so few Jr.s around that show, it would be helpful if  the
parents/Jr.'s contacted the clubs and let them know that the Jr.  is
interested in showing in their shows....Because why should the classes  be
offered and the expense of the trophies being bought if no one in the  area
is available/interested in entering the  classes.