[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: soup ?

  • From: PlushPuppyOhio <plushpuppyohio@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, SallyHH31@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 05:53:47 -0700 (PDT)

Ha ha!   And I went last night and got the stuff to make homemade Chili.

Sean

Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 9/29/2005 6:23:50 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
SallyHH31@xxxxxxx writes:
Does anyone have a good recipe for beef barley soup. I can't find one
anywhere. My GSD's would love it also.
Thanks SallyHH

take some marrow bones, smear w/ tomato paste and roast in a warm oven for
an hour or more w/ a few unpeeled carrots and an onion or two (no salt)

when everything is nice and caramelized, add to a stock pot w/ water and
simmer for a few hours

strain (discard solids)

brown some stew meat

add meat to strained stock

sweat some chopped onions and celery in the same pot you browned the meat in
and add to the stock and stew meat

de glaze the pan
(red wine would be good here or a dash of cognac),
and add all the brown bits to the above mixture

simmer until the meat starts to fall apart

finely julienne a few handfuls of carrots

add carrots and barley to above and simmer until barley is cooked

(I'd serve w/ some home made garlic croutons)

Boy, you can tell the temperature is changing....I was considering a batch
of white bean soup, lol:))))

Kathy
three generations of Dual Titled Champions live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd Dogs_

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original

Yahoo! for Good