[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: something new at AKC????????? like...no privacy?

  • From: Erynbrook@xxxxxxx
  • To: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 01:33:50 EDT

Peggy

You can't look at complete records of just any dog. You sign up for this
service and then add your own dogs to your files. If you are the breeder of a
litter you can look at the records of the dogs you have bred (ergo the
realization that her dogs had been given full vs. limited registrations). If
you  are
interested in someone else's dog, you can add it to your dogs of interest  but
can only find the same info you could find before -- titles, points etc. I'm
probably not explaining it really well, but go to AKC.org and you can learn
all  about it

This service has been around a while. I have created my account and added  my
current dogs to it as well as some of my long ago dogs. And it does allow you
 to keep your dog records on-line - but only you can access the details. I
found  it on the web site some time ago.

In fairness Carmen did report on this service to the board during the  July
board meeting and his comments are included in the minutes of that meeting
which you will find in the October Review.

Susan