[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: some simple thoughts

  • From: "BlackHawk Farms, LLC" <blackhawkfarmsllc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx>, <VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 17:03:33 -0800

Unfortunately, when this breed was introduced, there were some "temperment
issues" in this breed. In fact, sometimes, in the beggining, the Best of
Breed was decided on who didnt try to bite the judge. I remember the year in
pleasanton, I had went reserve on Anjya and stayed around to watch the
breed. In walks this BEAUTIFUL Bitch.. EYE CANDY, groomed to the nines
(CORRECTLY) and showing beautifully. I looked and said, OK, thats your breed
winner, and went to go take my dog back to her crate. I come back and the
class bitch went Best of Breed over the bitch. Luckily, the breed judge was
someone you could talk to and say, "Why the hell did you do that???" Am I
missing something..??"  The judge, who was a dane breeder, said, "Yes, If I
pressed the issue, I would be missing 2 fingers... "

I guess it is a lot different in the ring. Clearly, we felt the best one in
the ring hands down, but it doesnt matter if you cant touch em!

Mike Lynch
BlackHawk Farms, LLC