[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: snakes

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chcohosh@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 06:51:43 -0800 (PST)

http://www.marshall.edu/herp/pages/Snakes_Index.htm
This should help.
Terry

________________________________
From: Threese Clark <chcohosh@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, November 20, 2009 5:13:42 AM
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] snakes

Help!!!

I know this has been a discussion before but I didn't pay a lot of attention
as I had never seen a snake on any of my property.

WELLLLLLLLLLLL!!!! Not only did I see one after all this rain we have had
but it was in the house!!!! I am deathly afraid of them so don't ask me what
kind - I have no idea. My indoor outdoor kennels come into the basement of
my house and the rest is my son's apartment.  He is not the neatest person
you could ever meet. There is no dog food stored down there nor do I leave
the dog food down when they are fed (five dogs in these kennels). Well last
night I went down to feed them and when I opened the door into the kennel
room from the whelping room there was a snake on  the cement step up to the
runs (this is on the inside of the kennels). I ran (of course) but did shut
the door. Called my son and made him come home but by then could not find
the snake. Do not know if it went out or came on into the apartment and
whelping room. Don't know how it got in in the first place - can't imagine
it coming thro the kennels with all the dogs. I have four more dogs upstairs
with me and none of them have alerted or been acting strange.

I have called every animal control and exterminator I can find and no one
will deal with the problem. I am open to any suggestions. I just want to
know the thing is gone and prevent any other visits.

Threese

Limited Edition Shepherds (VA)

www.limitededitionshepherds.com

Last Hope Safe Haven for GSDs