[ SHOWGSD-L ] small brag

  • From: GrnRam415@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 01:40:26 EDT

It was herding night.  This has turned out to be GSD herding night with 4-6
GSD's each session.  How cool.  Tonight I brought my girl Layla (Treasure
Ranch's Layla V Milo,  Fairhope's Pit Boss X Milo's Here Comes Trouble)  Boss
is
taking a couple weeks off as his woman was in season and he wouldn't eat.  Darn
males.
Layla was instinct tested back in late March.  She did well.  Hasn't been
back since due to camp and showing and stuff.  Well, this young lady acted like
she's the one who has been taking lessons the last 5 mos.  She started in the
round pen and was awesome.  So, Janna let her go in the bigger arena for her
second run.  That instict kicked in and she could've passed the HT test
tonight.
 (We are practicing for it so she had to do the requirements) I was so proud
of her.  Even more amazing is that she's never had a lesson.  It is the most
awesome thing to see these dogs do what they were bred for.  To see that
instinct kick in.  WOW!

The current topic on my Dutch shepherd list is the GSD.  They are bashing our
show dogs and their inability to work. Well, as our breed was bred to herd, I
think I have that covered :-)  Anyway, thanks for reading my post.  I am
really proud of this girl and look forward to seeing my first homebred girl get
dual titles :-)

Laura Thomas
http://www.treasureranchgsds.com/