[ SHOWGSD-L ] singles and majors!

  • From: Erika Brink <erikasgsds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: show list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 05:57:50 -0800 (PST)

      I've been told that it is sort of an unspoken rule not to show a dog
in
>a major when you have both majors.....I dont' find that most people =
follow
>that rule.  You do see dogs advertised in the Review all the time =
"FINISHED
>WITH FOUR MAJORS!!!"
  Cindy

  That is the craziest rule I have ever heard of!  And we have never considered
it wrong to show a dog that has both majors in a major show....the point is to
finish your dog....our last bitch finished with 5 majors....if we would of
dropped out of every major show in our area, she wouldn't of been shown for a
year!  It is different when you are taking minor points that you do not need
away from another dog.....a dog with its majors can finish with or without the
minor points but a dog that has minored out and needs it majors cannot finish
with those newly acquired minor points and is only taking them from someone
else.  Glad we are retired from this nonsense.....
  Erika and Kristi
  Gaitaway Shepherds

Yahoo! Photos