[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: : simple utility and Coats

  • From: Penny Kroh <farmdogforever@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx, The List <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 12:25:45 -0400

Hate to disagree Flower Boy, but numerous of my friends with working GSDS
have commented that the coats would constantly be pulling burrs and other
such debris from their coats, thus inhibiting their ability to work. But I
still just don't get it. First, a class at the National for them when
they already could be shown? WHY? Now they are actually winning at
specialties? Did I miss the memo?

Penny & OhSteve
Coatless in NC
On Jun 25, 2015 12:17 PM, <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Three points here: 1.none of the dogs in the ring are "working" 2. It is
an incorrect assumption that a coat because of its hair length has a
utility disadvantage ( working ability has more to do with stamina and
mental drive than anything else... Look at the Komidor with all those
dread-locks! And 3. Putting up a coat at a show does NOT mean the quality
of the other dogs was poor! It means the coat in that judges mind was
superior!... I know we aren't supposed to talk about individual dogs on the
list but Tracy Radigan has a coat that just blows me away! I have no issue
losing to that bitch and I think my bitch ( Liz's bitch)is very nice! Ed

Sent from Xfinity Connect Mobile App

*From:* edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx]

Long coat fault and ribs!.... The GSD standard says that the long coat is
a fault as are other attributes such as missing tooth, even bite etc
etc....... If that coated dog is better in every way than all the other
dogs in the class with the exception of coat, then that dog should win!
There is no perfect dog !