[ SHOWGSD-L ] shows

  • From: "Margaret" <winstone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 10:39:20 -0800

Hi
Do any of the Specialty shows have an amateur class, where people can show
their own dogs? When I was showing Arabians we had a lot of professional riders
that showed for owners, hard to compete at times, we also had amateur owner
classes and over 40 classes.
I showed my first German Shepherd this year (Can) and had a blast showing her,
we weren't correct on stacking,handling but I had so much fun showing her. I am
old and slow ( apologies to anyone behind me) I show Cavaliers usually, quite a
difference, a fast walk is required LOL.  I know that you need a handler for
the specialty ring, I couldn't keep up with her anyway, but if there was an
amateur class I know I would enter that. We are doing agility and tracking
instead of other shows now, she has her championship and got 3 group 2 placings
too, we are quite proud. Anyway just a thought from someone new to showing
Shepherds, I realize it would probably add to the cost of the show and I don't
know if it could be done anyway, I am still learning my way around the Shepherd
ring.
Margaret