[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: <showgsd-l> SMALL DOG NEEDED

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <psharp212@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:09:58 -0800

I will probably never live without a Poodle.  If you don't want show trim,
grooming is not difficult, and more than pays for the fantastic non-shedding
trait.  They ARE the most intelligent of any dog I have ever worked with.
They come in three sizes and several colors.  I saw a black Champion
Standard Poodle service dog at the San Bernardino shows a couple of weeks
ago that is also in training for Agility titles.  He takes care of an
elderly lady in a wheel chair.  Most impressive.
I heard a while back that Lackland AFB is training Standard Poodles for
perimeter work, drug detection, and bomb work.   I recently read that one of
the most aggressive and protective of all dogs are male Standards.
I haven't owned a Standard, yet, but plan that to be my next purchase.  I
have owned a Miniature and a Toy-X.  They are/were excellent companions.
Personality and loyalty galore!!
There is nothing a GSD can do that a Poodle can't, without blowing coat on
top of it all!!
They just don't move the same way!!
Haven't seen a gaiting poodle that sent shivers up and down my spine, yet!!!

I also like Beagles, Skippers, Tibetan Terriers, and Chinese Cresteds.  :-)
:-)

Paula, 249 days and counting