[ SHOWGSD-L ] showgsd-l Digest / spin

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: dir@xxxxxxxxxx, Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 23:08:42 EDT

In a message dated 9/27/2006 10:00:52 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
dir@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
I knew  gassing was not
easy but i had NO idea it was so  painful.

You know, I read the same e-mail and vowed never to open another from  the
sender (Dawn).  I'm so very tired of the spin and the  sensationalism.  I did
some homework.  They use carbon monoxide. If  it's so darned awful how come
entire families fall asleep and never wake up when  their furnace malfunctions
and
their home fills with carbon monoxide?   Ditto people that use generators
indoors during a power outage or whose  fireplace flue malfunctions?  Or what
about the person who warms the car up  in the garage in the winter without
opening the garage door and kills their  family? (True, happened in a suburb of
Philly last winter, husband started  wife's car for her, he went to work, never
realizing he didn't open the garage  door.) Aren't THESE reasons why you need
an
alarm in your home for carbon  monoxide????  BECAUSE YOU JUST FALL ASLEEP?????

I'm all for breeding responsibly and taking darned good care of what you  are
responsible for.  I'm all for lending a helping hand.  BUT I WILL  NOT BE
MADE TO FEEL GUILTY by spin and sensationalism.  I DID my  homework.  Locally,
we
have licensed vets who euthanize at the shelters and  humane societies.  I'm
really sorry that in poor communities there are more  pressing things to spend
money on than vets to euthanize animals.  I'm  sorry that not ever community
has the tax base to hire a vet put some poor  animal out of its misery.  I'm
not even sure it makes sense to try to save  every animal, especially those
that will place a heavy burden re vet bills on  finite rescue dollars, but what
do I know?  I  KNOW I am tired of the  spin!

 Kathy
member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!
visit  _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_