  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: TRAFALGARgsds@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 10:22:39 -0500 (EST)

Absolutely Mike, last sentence says it all.

Perhaps the GSDCA needs to put some more emphasis on all judges  (including
AB) to educate them to  what a proper long coat it, that it is a  fault NOT
serious fault and judge more accordingly instead of just removing the
fault from the standard or creating a fault class.

The standard has served the breed well so far, why does it need tweaking
now??????????

We have 14 judges on the board who's job in the ring is to uphold the
standard.  Why is the same not true for those same judges who sit on the  board
and do NOT want to do that!!!!!!!
I don't get this.

Molly
Member GSDCC, GSDCA, GSDC of Beaumont, Life Member CKC

In a message dated 1/29/2013 6:35:27 A.M. Central Standard Time,
TRAFALGARgsds@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Yet,
exhibitors(who may also be breeders) and judges fail to  recognize (based on
my observations at point shows) that "Faults of gait,  whether from front,
rear or side, are to be considered very serious  faults.  No, we need to
educate (those who can or desire to be), we  don’t need to change the
standard..it ain’t  broke.