  • From: DeBruts@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 14:50:43 -0500 (EST)

I don't respond to the list very often but now and then I feel the need to
speak my mind  even though most times what I have to say isn't what most
people want to hear.
Years ago when I sat on the Board of  Directors of the GSDCA  we  had a
program at the Annual Meeting during the National it  was  "a panel of
experts" answering questions  from the audience of members in attendance at the
meeting. Not sure how this  little obedience person from the backwoods wound up
as an expert but there I  was.
The last question of the day was "what do you feel is the biggest problem
in our breed today" there were many different answers all of them addressing
 various problems, when it came  to me my answer was " the Judges  first
and the breeders second,  if the judges would judge to the standard  of the
breed the breeders would breed to the standard if they wanted to win. If  that
were to happen I think we would solve many of the problems mentioned here
today " Needless to say it wasn't  a popular answer then and it isn't now
but it is a true and honest answer, In my humble opinion.
 I am a firm believer in our standard  and I also believe that if  breeders
over all were more honest with each other as to the problems that their
dogs and bitches produced instead of turning a blind eye to  them we could
eliminate a lot of our health problems.

Lori Nickeson

In a message dated 1/26/2013 9:25:22 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,