  • From: Linda H. <stjamesgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thirty55@xxxxxxx>, showgsd list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 15:38:56 -0400

In my new breed, I pick a male because I personally like him.  I don't care if
he's a champion or what.  I bred to two males before they finished.  One of
them I first met as a 3 month old puppy.  His attitude impressed me greatly and
I was the second person to breed to him the following year.  That litter
produced 4 puppies and all of them finished.  The pick of that litter had the
same attitude as his father!  He was winners dog at our national from the 6 to
9 class and it was his first dog show.  My latest all champion litter was from
another male imported from the same kennel as the previous one.  I had several
bitches I could have bred to him but I picked the one that I thought would
complement him the best.  It sure worked.  I learned a lot many years ago from
my shepherd mentor.  She taught me what to look for in a show puppy.  What she
taught me can apply to any breed.   Linda HendrixLin Chi Tibetan SpanielsGoose
Creek SC