  • From: "Beth Reynolds" <beth.reynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 21:00:26 -0700

Carolyn,

I would like to thank you for your posts today and Frankly I really would like
to thank you for your outrage over the 2012 National being voted from Ft.
Collins Colorado and to Purina Farms, Gray Summit MO.  I am honestly shocked
that more people have not spoken out on this subject.  I understand and
appreciate our National club being in financial straights and the need for our
board to do what they feel is right to correct the situation. HOWEVER when the
Ft. Collins  National boasted a PROFIT, when you compare the  signed CONTRACT
at Ft. Collins to the Purina Farms contract in an “apples to apples fashion
they aren’t that far apart.  Plus the Ft. Collins sites numbers are known, the
Purina site still has numbers to figure out for the outside tents, grooming
space, performance area and stalls.  Our dates were moved up TWO weeks to
answer voiced membership weather concerns.  NOW its ok to say yes to Purina
Farms in November?

I am not bashing the board BUT I have every right to question their decision
when the facts don’t support this decision under the guise of saving money.

Our site received so many compliments. Wanting to make it better we looked and
made a few changes for 2012.  The hotel on the show site is now finished and
yes they take dogs.  I am not going to address the East West part of it because
my outrage is about the fact the Ft. Collins site was voted on and approved, it
was profitable and we have or had ( I cringe to think about that contract) a
signed contract. Our regional club members were informed of what happened  on
Saturday, we are prepared to make our voices heard, we will sign what we need
to, to let the board know we are disappointed, frustrated and not giving up.
Some may say I am not happy about this because this show is in my back yard,
and they are correct.  However my main outrage over this is how this has been
handled, the fact that this show site is AWESOME!!!!!! It really is.  That DIA
is a major airport more options to fly in with your dog and their 500 crates,
new hotel on site, dates 2 weeks earlier in October for nicer weather for
people traveling. PLUS IT WAS PROFITABLE!!!!!!!!!

The Bottom Line I don’t have anything against Purina Farms, I just don’t feel
going to Purina Farms in November with some of the venue outside will be more
profitable and enjoyable than coming to Colorado in October where everything
but some performance events(herding, tracking) will be held outdoors.

Beth Reynolds

        #1:     From: edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                Subject: Re: The Review
        #2:     From: Jackie Short <marcatoshepherds@xxxxxxxxx>
        #3:     From: Jackie Short <marcatoshepherds@xxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: Re: [Germanshepherds4Show] Re: From Helen
        #4:     From: GSDShowMan@xxxxxxx
        #5:     From: sally hayden <sallyhayden5@xxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: not a PC forum
        #6:     From: "Lonna Fisher" <lonnagsd@xxxxxxx>
                Subject: Raven - update
        #7:     From: Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: Re: Colorado/California/nationals!??

Msg: #1 in digest
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 22:43:52 +0000 (UTC)
From: edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I would likke to keep it monthly and keep the same size.  You could only put
one picture on a page of the old sized Review.

And yes I do advertise more than once a year.  I have three B/W pages in
February.  I don't think the ads are that high priced, when one class at a
specialty show can cost more.

Ann
www.edangsd.com

Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 17:51:57 -0500
From: Jackie Short <marcatoshepherds@xxxxxxxxx>

And it's GREAT that you can do that Ann (I'm being sincere), but not all of
us can.
And still, your 3 B+W ads (which, BTW, I feel are equally beautiful to
color) cost LESS than one color ad!

If we ever put an ad in the Review, it'll have to be in black and white.  We
cannot afford the cost of a color ad.  Maybe I don't see your comparison to
the entry of a specialty show because we only show one or two dogs at a time
(I believe you have the ability to show more), because I can definitely
enter a specialty for less than an ad.  Even here in the east (where entries
are DEFINITELY more expensive!).
--
Jackie & Jonathan Nguyen
Marcato German Shepherds <http://www.sparkly-lion.net/marcatogsd>

------------------------------

Msg: #3 in digest
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 18:01:41 -0500
From: Jackie Short <marcatoshepherds@xxxxxxxxx>

say.*
Give how?  Should those of us that do not have the time/ability to be on
committees and what not still have the right to give input, or will there be
a "requirement" of how long you need to be a member before you're really
listened to?
What defines "earning" the right?
--
Jackie & Jonathan Nguyen
Marcato German Shepherds <http://www.sparkly-lion.net/marcatogsd>
S Konzert vom Drachenberg, RN, CD, CGC "Strauss"
Devine's Gunpowder N Lead "Mirada"

------------------------------

Msg: #4 in digest
From: GSDShowMan@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 18:07:30 EST

Hello,
I to advertise in the Review maybe not on the scale that others might but I
 did have ads in three issues last year. But I do not feel like any member
needs  to have a ad in every issue to share their thoughts or feeling about
the review.

                                    Gerald

_www.Geransgermanshepherd.com_ (http://www.geransgermanshepherd.com/)
_www.Mkaylastahr.com_ (http://www.mkaylastahr.com/)

------------------------------

Msg: #5 in digest
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 17:12:49 -0600
From: sally hayden <sallyhayden5@xxxxxxxxx>

To the best of my knowledge this is not a  Parent club sponsored forum.  As
long  as the topics stay in the confines of the list requirements.  All list
members can state their ideas and opinions to be discussed by everyone. At
least that is the way I understand it.  We can agree or not agree but being
told we have no right to voice our thoughts unless we join the PC is not to
my knowledge in the list rules
--
Sally

www.embroiderybysally.org
updated with new designs

------------------------------

Msg: #6 in digest
From: "Lonna Fisher" <lonnagsd@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 16:21:13 -0700

Hi Everyone,
                    Raven’s mouth tumor is gone, Sunday morning she sliced it
on something from the bottom up, not sure what, it was hanging by very little
but looked awful, we thought we were going to have to make that final trip to
the vet today. Raven was not eating anything not even her favorite things, she
was in pain and showing no interest in anything. Before bed  John and I put
some peroxide on it and sprayed the mouth spray on it as well.
This morning Raven was really pawing at her mouth, we checked her mouth, the
tumor had dried up some and now the tail piece had stretched and it slid
between her teeth, so this grey ugly thing was dangling from the roof of her
mouth just behind her teeth, John held her and I pulled it out front using a
paper towel than I tried to pull it off but it was hanging on tight, so I
grabbed a pair of scissors and as I held the tumor with the paper towel, John
held open her mouth and with one quick cut the tumor was out, it bled a bit but
we put some peroxide on it, Raven did not even yelp. And seemed very relieved,
no more pawing at her mouth.
I called the vet and he is surprised and said to watch for infection after all
kitchen scissors are not really meant for surgery .......... smile
Also her breast tumors - one is golf ball size, one marble size were very
uneven in shape and though they are not any bigger they have now smoothed out,
more rounded, is this a good thing or bad well who knows but for now Raven is
doing very good. We are very pleased.
Raven was diagnosed with two cancerous tumors back in May, the mouth one and in
the breast (two there) now I don’t know if the mouth one will re-grow, how
much is inside the jaw . again we do not know, all we do know is Raven is
eating again and back to her normal self, the final walk did not happen today
........... it is a beautiful day !!!

For those who have asked,   Raven since being diagnosed has been on Immuno
Support from the vet (3 to 4 caps a day), Omega 3-6-9 plus 1000mg (one cap a
day) this was suggested by a list member and for a couple of months we have
been using a foaming breath spray called Topiclean brought to us by my Cousins
Naida and Debbie.

Thank you to everyone for their suggestions and good wishes for our black beast
 “Raven”.

Take care,
Lonna

Lonna Fisher
Sunflower Reg'd GSD
Edmonton, AB
http://lonnagsd.tripod.com/index.html

------------------------------

Msg: #7 in digest
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 15:21:25 -0800 (PST)
From: Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>

Carolyn,
I am afraid that there is and has been a movement to put the show at one
location, members be damned, and this is about as fast as they can do that. The
only reason 2013 is in Phillie is because of the foreign entries to the trial.

It used to try to be the GSDC of Perry GA but now it looks like the GSDC of
Purina Farms.

Again, it is not just the show - it is the membership meeting, the educational
programs, the chance to show off our animals to all -- conformation or
performance. It is not fair that the same people always have to travel year in
and year out. It is the annual club meeting. No wonder they quit the club and
play elsewhere.

But for some reason that does not matter to the board. It does not matter to
this board. It mattered a little more to previous boards, but not much.

Again, it is disenfranchising the MEMBERSHIP. But nobody listens.

Ruth

From: Carolyn Martello <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  From: Terry Cochran
  From: "Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx" <Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx>