[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: showgsd-l Digest V5 #2248 smoking

  • From: Theresa-GSD Stolz-Scenecrest Farm <scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 09:27:15 -0800 (PST)

Wise decision to quit smoking... my brother passed away from Lung Cancer age
68 and smoked from age 18.  My mother started smoking at age 20 had 3 heart
attacks by age 70 and developed Emphysema, passed away at age 92 1/2. My father
never smoked but the second-hand smoke gave him congestional heart failure at
age 86.  Both my mother and brother quit cold turkey from smoking but it was
too late.  They both looked way beyond their age which smoking also does to
you. I developed several allergies due to second hand smoke that I needed to
deal with due to it.  It is not genetic since my family did not have cancer,
emphysema or allergies in the background.

http://www.lungusa.org/stop-smoking/about-smoking/facts-figures/whats-in-a-cigarette.html
My children nor dogs ever had to experience second hand smoke since neither my
husband nor I smoke. I did not allow smoking in my home.

For anyone that smokes and would like to quit... please do.  I have lost
several close friends due to their smoking or them living with second hand
smokers.

Theresa

In a message dated 12/2/11 11:06:21 AM Pacific Standard Time,
lfossland@xxxxxxx writes:

I smoked  about a pack a day back in the 1960's, kept having a sore throat
and  wondered why. So, to stop smoking was the alternative. It worked. Just
quit  from one day to the next and chewed a lot of gum and hard candy.
Never
touched a cigarette again although the temptation was there; we  were
military and cigarettes were cheap for us to  buy.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together