  • From: culzeans1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 12:31:21 -0500 (EST)

Hahaahaha! Kathy,
This is so funny and sad all at once!! I had one the other day when I was with
Mac training in Lowes, she said Oh he is so beautiful I had one just like him
only she was a girl and white and not as big as Mac,  I said thank you. I get
puppy calls like that. I even get calls for the "grey" ones. I have had very
few ask about temperament, although most ask about hips. Let me know if you put
together that chart, I would love one!!
Pam

Msg: #1 in digest
rom: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
ate: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 08:42:55 -0500 (EST)
ubject: Just shoot me.....
I am seriously thinking of putting a color chart for GSDs and  something to
o w/ markings (saddle/blanket etc.) on my web page. I will  also include
uppy pictures and later grown up pictures of the same dogs so  that folks
an see that a dog's color changes as they mature.

o, I don't have puppies, but I am getting calls for "sables" when someone
eally means black and tan, and I had someone want black and "red", really
red', went on and on and ON about "red" and when she sent pics of her dear
departed dead dog I couldn't have found any black w/ a search warrant and
he  was the lightest, most washed out, farthest away from "red" that a dog
ould  get. On a good day maybe "blond"...do we have "blonds"???? (Of course
  didn't point that out.)

ust this AM had contact w/ a gentleman who wanted "limited" black on their
face...(@ 8 weeks?????)...huh????  Maybe he should try a Golden...

nd if they even remember to ask about hip/elbows/temperament/health
hecks and all the rest it blows my mind....arrrrrrggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

-----