  • From: RopajaGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 10:00:19 -0400 (EDT)

Look at the statement again...it says rabies vaccination has to be at least
 30 days old...not within 30 days...and it is because they want to make
sure that  the vaccination has had time to be effective...so as long as your
vaccination is  at least 30 days old you are fine...Pauline

Pauline Moon  - _www.ropajagsd.com_ (http://www.ropajagsd.com/)
Ropaja German  Shepherds:Member-GSDCAmercia & GSDCAtlanta - Best In Show
AKC JAM/AOE/ BISS  CH Ropaja's Chateau Beaujolais OFA HIC; BISS AKC CH
Ropaja's Chateau Beaulieu  OFA HIC; Multi BOB & GRP W AKC CH. Ropaja's Je Suis
Fleur De Lis;  Multi-BOB & GRP W AKC CH Ropaja's Je Suis Gabrielle. Our future:
NEW  Litter 1-25-2011 Diego vs Jolais

In a message dated 8/14/2011 9:46:38 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

Msg: #1  in digest
From: "Paula M. Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:  Sun, 14 Aug 2011 05:20:03 GMT
Subject: Re: Question on rabies shot going to  and from Canada fro

Giving an extra rabies vaccination is the main  reason that I didn't take
Harley to Crufts this past year, when he was  invited.  I would have loved to
have traveled to England and shown him  off there, but, there was no way
around the over-vaccination  required.

I just had an ISO microchip implanted in Harley, so that I  can proceed
with his CKC registration, but, I will investigate the vaccination  protocol
before traveling there over the next year or so.  No dog show is  worth
over-vaccination of my dog.  I think you feel the same way.   Please keep us,
on
the List, informed about what you find  out.

Thanks.

Paula, 44 days and counting

Home of BIS,  BISS, Multi-Group Winning, AKC JAM/AOE, International &
American Champion,  Bronze Grand Champion Asgard Harley Davidson v Plamark, HT,
PT, CGC, TC, HIC,  OFA CHIC #64047 (Hips, Elbows, Cardiac, & Thyroid), 1st
male German  Shepherd Dog Grand Champion, Lifetime #1 GSD in California &
Michigan (AKC  Stats as of 8/2/11), 2011 Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show
Invitee.