  • From: DeBruts@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 18:36:05 -0400 (EDT)

That's not entirely true about there not being any Obedience Victor/
Victrix if a white wins the AKC High Combined Award.
If that should happens and there is another  dog that has high  enough
scores( 380 points or more) and  that dog  does meet  ALL of the qualifications
required, then that dog  would be given the  title of OV.  A White GSD going
High Combined  has only happened  once before that I am aware of , (  it
was in Burbank in 1995))  and in that particular case   the second place  dog
met all of  the requirements except for scores,  his score in Open B was 197
1/2 and the score in Utility was a  189 1/2  that was back when each score
had to be over a 190  and a combined score of 385 points  or more . That's
why we  didn't have an OV on that year.   Had the other dog met the
requirements for scores it would have been given the  title.
In 1993 we didn't have an OV because the scores were 192 1/2 and a  191
which didn't add up to 385 so we didn't have an OV that year.  ironically it
happened with the same dog as in 1995  (Since then that  part of the
requirements has been change to read that the  score must  be 380  points or
more.)
All it takes to go from a 195 to a 192 is one no sit,  and when you  have
18 (or 20 depending on how you send your dog on the scent discrimination
exercise) sits just in Utility alone   It can go downhill fast.
The reason that I have all these fact so conveniently at hand is because
Dr. Zoe and I have been figuring out just when and where this event did
occur,  and since I was obedience chairman at the time I have all the scores
recorded in  my catalogs from those shows.
Lori

.

In a message dated 8/7/2011 10:24:28 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
digest
From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011  13:15:22 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Entry form and colors

Well, the  dog could win the top AKC award, just not the PC award.   Take
OB
for instance; if a white goes High Combined, which is an AKC  award  we do
not have an OB GV/GVX that  year.