  • From: "mary hulme" <maryhulme@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 09:11:19 -0500

Here, here Carolyn, well said!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2011 9:45 PM
To: showgsd-l digest users
Subject: showgsd-l Digest V5 #1339

DO NOT RETURN THE ENTIRE DIGEST.  HIGHLIGHT WHAT YOU WISH TO REPLY TO BEFORE
HITTING REPLY

------------------------------------
showgsd-l Digest        Wed, 03 Aug 2011        Volume: 05  Issue: 1339

In This Issue:
        #1:     From: Linda H. <stjamesgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: Re: In answer
        #2:     From: ALL4MORIAH@xxxxxxx
                Subject: National Agility
        #3:     From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
        #4:     From: FBoese@xxxxxxx
                Subject: Re: showgsd-l Digest V5 #1336
        #5:     From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: Re: White GSD...??
        #6:     From: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx

Msg: #1 in digest
From: Linda H. <stjamesgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 21:08:49 -0400

When I started reading this, I said to myself that I remember having one
whose head smelled like maple syrup and then I read the whole post!  So
don't feel like the Lone Ranger!

Linda Hendrix

> From: cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: In answer
> Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 12:42:23 -0400
>
> Evan writes: "Yes, we have 'Scented afghans" They are almost gone for some
reason, It is an odor around the top of the head or around the ears..."

> Our 4 GSD's all live in the house, so we keep them pretty clean. They have
no "doggie" odor. The only thing I use on them is a brush or rake.

> Anyhow, their heads all smell different. One smells like popcorn. One
smells like maple syrup. One smells like a pine forest. (We don't have any
pines near us.) The last dog's head has a nice clean scent that is hard to
describe. Perhaps I can't recognize the scent because this dog is from
Germany??? <G>

> Most of you will probably think I'm nuts, but have you smelled your dogs'
heads lately? If so, what do they smell like?

> Paulette McGuirt, GSDCA Member
> Wellborn-Allemande German Shepherds
> Qui Me Amat, Amat et Canem Meam

===========================================================================>
POST is Copyrighted 2011. All material remains the property of the original

> Each Author is responsible for the content of his/her post. This group and
its administrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions
expressed in any post.

------------------------------

Msg: #2 in digest
From: ALL4MORIAH@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 21:12:27 -0400 (EDT)

____________________________________

AGILITY

NOVICE A (Reg. Standard)

1st  Debrut's / Lori and Paul
2nd Connie and Kevin White ( GSD ONLY)
3rd  GSDC of Oregon
4th GSDC of Oregon

NOVICE B  (Reg. Standard)

1st Karen McKee-Bendtsen
2nd Sue and Sam Sacco in memory of Beauty
3rd GSDC of Oregon
4th  GSDC of Oregon

OPEN  (Reg. Standard)

1st Karen McKee-Bendtsen
2nd GSD Training Club of Chicago
3rd GSDC of Oregon
4th GSDC of Oregon

EXCELLENT A (Reg. Standard )

1st  Joan Bennett
2nd P.A.M., Can.OTCH, CT,NANDO von Sontausen
VCD4,UDX2,MXJ,NF,OMI,GO,VER,PT,CGC
3rd Peter and Donna Murray
4th GSD Training Club of Chicago

EXCELLENT B (Reg. Standard)

1st Cel Hope/ Celhaus German Shepherds
2nd Jennifer Ann Kavanaugh
3rd  Peter and Donna Murray
4th Connie and Kevin White  (GSD ONLY)

PREFERRED STANDARD

NOVICE

1st Jeanne Suitich
2nd Pamela Padgett
3rd Adrian and Rita Ledda
4th

OPEN

1st Nancy Malone in memory of MACH3,Lavasky vom Malone Jerome
MX,MXJ,OF,SS,SWET,OJP,OAP
2nd Peter and Donna Murry
3rd Kristin Siarkowicz and "Abel"
4th Kristin Siarkowicz and "Abel"

EXCELLENT A

1st Yong Mi Neal
2nd
3rd
4th

EXCELLENT B

1st Yong Mi Neal
2nd
3rd
4th

JUMPERS AND WEAVES

 Konstance McCaffree PhD
Adrian and Rita Ledda
Mary Jane Kelley in memory of OTCH,OV,Zetta She's So Bad UDX,12,  AX,AXJ

HIGH COMBINED

Tampa Bay German Shepherd Dog Club Inc.

HIGH IN TRIAL

Terry Cochran /Fairway Shepherd's

HIGH SCORING CHAMPION of RECORD

Friends of Jane. in Memory of Jane Jeter

HIGH SCORING RESCUE

Dr Carmelo L.  Battaglia

------------------------------

Msg: #3 in digest

From: FBoese@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 21:31:11 -0400 (EDT)

If "Taxi" is the product you are thinking of  I believe I got mine  from
Omaha or Valley Vet..

Flo Boese
Bo-Hem Shepherds

In a message dated 8/3/2011 5:14:04 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

Msg: #6 in  digest
Subject: Tartar removal
From: Sally Hayden  <sallyhayden5@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 15:54:30  -0500

What is the name of the product that so many use to help remove  tartar?
Haven' t had a need before so did not keepmit in my  files

Sally

------------------------------

Msg: #5 in digest
From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 19:07:39 -0700

Why would we want this Breed to be split into color or coat Class
Divisions???     This is a working
Breed and our Standard is built around that cause......not colors and coat
textures for appearances
sake in the show ring.    HOW will "Class divisions"  improve the German
Shepherd Dog and what
it is bred to be??
When the GSD cease to become the strong versitile working Breed....and is
featured & judged by
a color / coat division we will have lost this Breed.
The people involved in the white GSD have three 'factions' that do not agree
on what should be
done with their white GSD.    How do you expect our Parent Club and AKC and
even our own
membership that does not agree on this .....to solve their problem?
IF we lose members over this......then it would be because those that would
be members for the
sole purpose of whatever their agenda is .......of the three factions with
the whites.

IF we love this Breed ......WE should ALL be concerned about the membership
in this Parent Club
and quit being so willing to attack our own!!!      Particularly over coat
and color!!

The problems with this Breed is not in whether a white can be SHOWN.    This
is a GREAT BREED
 with the Standard as it is......lets put forth this effort for the truly
serious problems.like puppy
mills, bad dog laws and some health issues..... and stay true to the
Standard we have.

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com

Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 02:39:05 +0000 (UTC)
From: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx

Once again...I have not heard anyone tell me what the harm would be to the
breed to allow white dogs to go up against the standard....and please don't
say because the standard disqualifies them.....true as that statement is, it
does NOT answer my question!..Ed Hill

[...]

End of showgsd-l Digest V5 #1339