  • From: "misshereford" <misshereford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 12:21:13 -0500

<<<<In a message dated 2/23/2007 10:22:12 AM Central Standard
Time,
Falkrigia@xxxxxxx writes:
My friend has written back saying that he has forwarded it to his contacts
but that there are questions as to the legitimacy of the post and as to the
owership of the dogs?

Has anyone verified its legitmacy?

He says the dogs may well be owned by the Iraqi government or by
private
contractors who own the K9 training programs or just acquire them from
such.
They
may not be owned by the Gov't at all. >>>>

If anyone saw my post last night - our handler, William Gardner, was in
Iraq with our dual purpose explosive detection dog (they ran more than
100 missions there) and he said the Land Mine dogs were Supplied by
a Private Contractor from South Africa.

As I said last night - I have left a voice message for Denise and hope to
talk to her today to get more information.

Mr. Gardner told me last night to beware of anything until we secured
more information - which I am trying to do.

In the event there are such dogs and the South African Contractor has
turned them lose, then Mr. Gardner said there are plenty of K-9
contractors here in the US who would likely take them and have the
resources to get the dogs to the US.

Faithfully Yours,
Rin Tin Tin,
Miss Daphne Hereford