  • From: Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 14:04:49 EST

In a message dated 1/19/2007 8:33:01 AM Pacific Standard Time, Showgsd-
Msg: #7 in digest
From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: A R web sites to respond to
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 07:59:52 -0800

>Can anyone give me a website or email that I could send my own opinion to?
>This is rediculous. They don't even understand the history of dogs or
>domestic cats, how can they possibly know what is best for them.
>sheila

I am a cynic Sheila...
Years ago I had a conversation with my Sgt. He took me into his office at my
first evaluation as a young police officer and said he was seriously
thinking of getting rid of me. I was shocked, and wondered why. He explained
that he had no choice but to evaluate me above standard in all categories,
except for my willingness to do battle. I could talk, reason and win
arguments, but, he explained, there comes a time when you must fight and no
words, no language, no reason would penetrate the mind of the impassioned
lunatic, the crazy drunk or the demented criminal. He gave me my above
standard rating and I left the office, only to immediately give chase to a
stolen semi-truck and trailer with a drug crazed teenager driving. When he
finally stopped, I had to pull him out of the cab.....

He fell out, grabbed me around the neck, spun me around and got me in a
choke hold and started to pull my gun from my holster. And there I was
trying to talk him into submission. Everything the Sgt. had said to me came
thundering back into my head - "Here I am, being eloquent, and now I'm
dead!" was the thought that came pounding.....

I did react, used my last ounce of energy and got out of his grip and
finally subdued him.

My point is: These people have heard all the arguments, refined their logic
over years and are thoroughly convinced they are right. Although there are
many well meaning people following these groups who do not know what they
believe whom we might impact, the core structures are not willing to listen
to our arguments.

Unfortunately, it is war! Paul is right! We have to lobby political bodies,
gain public opinion, and beat them at their own game. There is a time to
talk and a time to refrain from talking. A well placed 2 x 4 sometimes works
quite well.

Dave

  That is an Excellent post, Dave !!!!   You have made some Excellent
Points!!
One cannot deal  rationally with 'crazies'...
 They come in all shapes and colors and sizes...
 Some  pass as normal until some unsuspecting person pushes their " wrong
"button..
I am fortunate to be here, from a few  scary encounters, myself...
 I owe that to Loyal German Shepherds and  having a Loaded  Gun ..
But trying to negotiate  with  those who already have their mind's set in
concrete, is a waste of time , energy and breath...Barb williams..