  • From: RopajaGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 15:00:53 -0400 (EDT)

EXCELLENT post Ms Nancy.....I love to read factual posts from someone who
has the facts...there is always so much speculation and worse yet, responses
 that have nothing to do with an original post...it drives me crazy...of
course that is my problem...grin!
I am thrilled to hear that things are progressing so well for our huge
celebration of all three events...do post when you have a web site or  whatever
advertisements with info concerning those events, would love to be  able to
link up and see what the marketing hype is....Thanks again for your VERY
informative post...Pauline

In a message dated 10/27/2010 2:41:32 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Msg: #4  in digest
From: "Nancy Harper"  <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Missing the point  !!!!
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 14:40:11 -0400

It is important to know  that the GSDC of America has lost money since 2007.
We have not realized  the usual profits from nationals as in the past and we
probably do not have  as many applying for membership as in the past.  BUT I
DON'T KNOW for  sure about the number of applications, so please do not
misquote me.  Suffice to say, we have not realized revenue as in the past.
However, the  club is not IN THE RED in the STRICTEST MEANING OF THE TERM.
We have money  in the bank, and we are paying our bills. It is healthy that
the members  and the Board are very much aware of the need to be
CONSERVATIVE
and  INNOVATIVE CONCERNING THE FINANCES OF THE GSDCA.  Did you know one  of
the past Boards approved $70,000 to research?

A 2011  BUDGET AND FINANCE COMMITTEE WAS APPROVED AT THE OCTOBER  BOARD
MEETING.  We are already receiving, from the Chair of B&F,  an outline of
concerns and possible solutions.

As for the  2013 Centennial event:

We have developed a team of sub-chairs whose  mission is the success of the
Centennial which includes a large FUND  RAISING EFFORT.  As you know, there
are 3 events in concert for 2013,  National Specialty, Centennial
Celebration
AND the World Trials all taking  place in Philadelphia.  The combination of
these 3 events provides the  opportunity to attract many BIG NAME SPONSORS
WITH DEEP POCKETS.   Streaming video will be sponsored and we expect many
people in German and  other parts of the World to "buy into" streaming video
of the World  Trials.  It is not unrealistic to project revenue of between
$40,000  &  $50,000 from streaming video alone.

Pauline  Moon - _www.ropajagsd.com_ (http://www.ropajagsd.com/)
Ropaja  German Shepherds:Member-GSDCAmercia & GSDCAtlanta - Best In Show
AKC  JAM/AOE/ BISS CH Ropaja's Chateau Beaujolais OFA HIC; BISS AKC CH
Ropaja's  Chateau Beaulieu OFA HIC; Our future: Multi BOB & GRP W AKC  CH.
Ropaja's
Je Suis Fleur De Lis; Multi-BOB & GRP W AKC CH Ropaja's Je  Suis Gabrielle.