  • From: acara1997@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 18:48:44 +0000

Qq
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
-----Original Message-----
From: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 11:28:38
To: showgsd-l digest users<Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: showgsd-l Digest V4 #2010

showgsd-l Digest    Tue, 05 Oct 2010    Volume: 04  Issue: 2010

In This Issue:
    #1: From: roxann labra <roxyjoefrankie@xxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: hotwalker
    #2: From: Patricia Cross <chstormdog@xxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Prayers for My Jake - Long Story
    #3: From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: HELP Trenton GA...beautiful GSD left tied to a tree!!!
    #4: From: Kathy Potter <tokaye@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: National Rooms
    #5: From: Joan Fox <campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Fw: AGSRA looking for CGC evaluators
    #6: From: <gsdjm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Fw: Fw: vote!vote!vote! site
    #7: From: roxann labra <roxyjoefrankie@xxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Prayers for Baby Elizabeth.
    #8: From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
        Subject: Jacksonville, FL<> City Council amends proposed animal o
    #9: From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
        Subject: AZ, Mohave County<> dog limits

Msg: #1 in digest
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 22:39:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: roxann labra <roxyjoefrankie@xxxxxxxxx>

Yes, I've used the hot walker to work dogs. It  does fine. But prefer the
4-wheeler. Or bike seems to work better for me. After awhile my dogs got bored
going around in a circle.. If you have a hot walker use it. Gets the job done.
Roxann

------------------------------

Msg: #2 in digest
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 04:34:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: Patricia Cross <chstormdog@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Jake just turned 9 years old on Sept. 15. He has arthritis in his hocks. Last
week Jake went to the Vet for his check up. The blood work showed low thyroid
and a low magnesium level. He was put on thyroid meds. Well when it was so
rainy
and nasty last Thursday Jake went to go outside and slipped and fell on the
deck. He started limping and by evening he could not walk. Back to the Vet on
Friday afternoon. He fractured his hock. Vet soft casted it and would sedate
and
do more X-Rays on Monday. Well the weekend was a nightmare, Jake developed
severe diarrhea, would not eat and could barely stand up. We had to help him up
and carry him out the door.

Monday morning at the vet, he was running a fever of 105. They did another
round
of blood work to find that the white count was extremely elevated. Dr. is
having
a difficult time trying to break the fever. They have been giving him
antibiotics, an anti-inflammatory for the fracture and morphine to keep him
comfortable. He is still not eating. Last phone call was that if we don't get
the fever down today, some difficult decisions need to be made. Last week Jake
was chasing his birthday toys in the yard and playing with his crazy "Malinois"
sister Kala.

Something has "taken hold of our Jake" and doesn't want to let go.
Jake is the "last of my original" GSD pack. It is breaking our hearts that he
is
so sick.

Please say a few "doggie prayers" that we will find out what is causing.

Thanks,
Patti

Kala is missing her "big brother" terribly.

------------------------------

Msg: #3 in digest
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 04:36:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>

Evidently the family no longer wants her. They did not even care enough to
provide her with a collar; they just looped the chain around her neck. She is
sitting next to a bucket of filthy water. She is between 3 and 5 years old and
is a little timid, most likely from a lack of knowing good care.
If you can foster her, PLEASE contact Carla Brown at
adopt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!!! Spay/vaccination costs (and we will throw in a bag
of good food) will be covered by LHSH!!!
Thank you for anything you can do! Pictures available.

Dawn Restuccia, Pres.
Last Hope, Safe Haven
Donations may be made to:
Paypal via windwych@xxxxxxxxx

------------------------------

Msg: #4 in digest
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 08:11:57 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
From: Kathy Potter <tokaye@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Does anybody have any spare national rooms available (not for me - I have mine
:)). Please let me know.

Thanks - Kathy

------------------------------

Msg: #5 in digest
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 05:59:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: Joan Fox <campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx>

From: <gsdjm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 09:25:10 -0500

Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 08:11:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: roxann labra <roxyjoefrankie@xxxxxxxxx>

On 30 Sep 2010, at 9:28, roxann labra wrote:

Getting ready for the nationals and being so excited to attend my first one we
have a sadness hanging over are heads. My Granddaughter is in need of your help
and prays for a long safe successful recovery. Now that Elizabeth is home
Brandy has to take her to Primary Childrens Hopsital weekly in
Utah. We are located in Idaho. Please go to her site and leave them a pray or a
comment to let them know were all there for them. Your thoughtfulness is
greatly appreciated. Roxann    http://helpbabyelizabeth.webs.com    ;

         Elizabeth Marie Needs Your Help!!!

A very special little girl named Elizabeth Marie born on July 10, 2010.  She
was born with a very rare birth defect (1 in 20,000) called biliary atresia,
which is when a baby's bile flow from the liver to the gallbladder is blocked.
This causes the bile to be trapped inside the liver, quickly
causing damage and scarring of the liver cells (cirrhosis), and finally liver
failure.
Her family is in good spirits with her just recovering from a surgery to
postpone a transplant until she's a little stronger.  The parents Brandy and
Felix are doing the best they can for her but medical bills and travel expenses
to the hospitals where she needs to be cared for are getting very
expensive.
Any donation would be greatly appreciated by her family, no amount is too
small. Thank you and God Bless!

------------------------------

Msg: #8 in digest
From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 08:22:43 -0700

This affects occasional breeders and even pet owners.  Read through
the .pdf and see what it says.

> Jacksonville, Fla., City Council amends proposed animal ordinance in
> time for Oct. 12 meeting
> PIJAC    Share
> The Jacksonville, Florida, City Council has issued a substitute
> proposed animal ordinance to be considered at the Ccuncil's Oct. 12
> meeting. The council heard the ordinance in its original form at an
> August meeting, but made substantial changes to the language. The
> changes include an added definition for "hobby breeder" as well as
> permits for hobby breeders and occasional sellers. This new version
> also places limits on the number of animals which "animal dealers"
> and "hobby breeders" may maintain and sell. MORE
> http://www.pijac.org/_documents/fl_jacksonville_animal_care_ordinance_2010_ii.pdf

Stormy Hope
www.carpoc.org
UPDATED EVENTS/LINKS!
AKC Legislative Liaison, GSDCA
GSDCA Legislation http://tinyurl.com/nj2tgz
Sunshine Squad showgsd.org/sunshine.html

------------------------------

Msg: #9 in digest
From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 08:27:48 -0700

For those who live there, please read carefully.
Mohave County, AZ

Among the general provisions is imposition of a new limit on the
number of dogs and cats allowed to residents of a residentially zoned
property. Under the proposal,  a maximum of 4 dogs and 4 cats may be
kept., Any kennel or cattery housing more than 10 dogs or cats
requires a special Zoning Use Permit,  and a Site Plan must be
submitted to obtain such a permit. The actual number of animals
allowed under a given permit is subject to determination on a case-by-
case basis.,

The proposal also includes a table that details acreage requirements,
depending upon the number of animals being kept. More than 5 dogs/5
cats requires at least one acre of land irrespective of a Zoning Use
Permit. A Limited Use Permit may be issued administratively,  allowing
more than the maximum number of animals under certain limited
circumstances (including meeting the minimum average requirement),
upon completion of a Kennel Permit Application.,

> MORE
> http://www.pijac.org/_documents/az_mohave_county_animal_care_ordinance.pdf

Stormy Hope
www.carpoc.org
UPDATED EVENTS/LINKS!
AKC Legislative Liaison, GSDCA
GSDCA Legislation http://tinyurl.com/nj2tgz
Sunshine Squad showgsd.org/sunshine.html

End of showgsd-l Digest V4 #2010