  • From: roxann labra <roxyjoefrankie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 08:58:35 -0700 (PDT)

www.somersetrose.com

--- On Tue, 8/17/10, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: showgsd-l Digest V4 #1558
To: "showgsd-l digest users" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, August 17, 2010, 9:43 PM

showgsd-l Digest    Tue, 17 Aug 2010    Volume: 04  Issue: 1558

In This Issue:
    #1:    From: Kathy Tank <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Re: Question ?-National Handlers
    #2:    From: Ken Tank <tanksr@xxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Re: Sod at the National
    #3:    From: Kim Schooley <kimbergsd@xxxxxxx>
    #4:    From: Ken Tank <tanksr@xxxxxxxxx>

Msg: #1 in digest
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 20:08:08 -0700
From: Kathy Tank <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>

YOU ARE RIGHT Paula,
it is called DOUBLE BOOKING AND IT IS NOT ETHICAL...nor is it LEGAL.
We know of handlers , one locally that is notorious for double booking, and
either trying to show more than
the person is capable or just leaves people hanging AFTER close and after
booking them...deciding to go "elsewhere" after booking
the same date at two locations and don't inform the owners till after
close....low rent at best.
We ran into one of this "handler's" victims at the SP futurity...left
hanging after close, booked them and then LAST minute decided to go to
different shows,
without helping them find a replacement.   Nice.
The unscrupulous double booker does it regularly and as a matter of course,
rather than by clerical mistake once in blue moon...it gives a black eye to
the entire sport.
But then these people are generally not well thought of in any regard.
Personally the habitual double booker should be sanctioned HEAVILY.
Kathy
Kathy
*http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com*<http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com>
PUP-DATED: JULY 20, 2010
*Home of:

CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
CH. Victory's Leviathan
CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle *
*
"Victory... There's Something In a Name"*

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 6:14 PM, Paula M. Cooke <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> They have done it for years, except for the few times the "presiding" judge
> didn't allow it.  It is nothing new.
>
> Paula, 55 days and counting

------------------------------

Msg: #2 in digest
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 20:34:31 -0700
From: Ken Tank <tanksr@xxxxxxxxx>

The packed dirt is hard on the dogs, it's hard on the handlers and the dogs
don't move as well. It's hard on the dogs joints and feet. That being said,
if we don't have the money for sod, so be it.
Ya know.......we can have the National outdoors on natural grass out here on
the west coast. ;-)
We did that at the Phoenix National and it was great.
Ken

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 7:03 PM, <ELG440@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> In a message dated 8/17/2010 6:49:45 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
> texasgsds@xxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> This  question is for those of you who are planning to show at the
> National.  I  have asked several people including Tish, how much the sod
> costs.  The
>  general consensus seems to be between $5K and $10K.  Since the PC is in
> financial straits, would you be willing to give up the sod for a properly
> watered and packed dirt surface?  If properly done packed dirt can be a
>  great
> surface to show on.  The dirt arena at he shows in Crosby, TX is  smooth
> and even like glass and there is no dust.  I know that the  exhibitors were
> not happy with the dirt in OH.  Just  asking.
>

> As the person who tore a hamstring the last time we tried packed  dirt, I
> say go for sod. Also, I think it costs closer to $20,000.  I do  think we
> can
> negotiate for it.  There was a shredded rubber service in  Canada that I
> judged on, that looked great.  I understand you can take and  store it and
> use
> it over.
>
> Maybe we should look at that.
>
> And, I also remember 82 in Ohio. Anyone want to talk about that  surface?
>
> Evan L.  Ginsburg
> Asgard German Shepherds
> http://www.asgardgsd.com/
> Where Type Movement and Temperament  come  together

> POST is Copyrighted 2010.  All material remains the property of the
> original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS
> of any kind are permitted without prior permission of the original author
> AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
>
> Each Author is responsible for the content of his/her post.  This group and
> its administrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions
> expressed in any post.

> PROSECUTED.

------------------------------

Msg: #3 in digest
From: Kim Schooley <kimbergsd@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 20:39:23 -0700

Personally I liked in DelMar there was no hiding in the grass.a lot of faults
were exposed,

Sent from my iPhone

------------------------------

Msg: #4 in digest
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 20:42:59 -0700
From: Ken Tank <tanksr@xxxxxxxxx>

I should also mention that this "packed dirt" is full of urine and feces
that gets kicked up into the air we and the dogs breath. After all, this is
a fairgrounds. When they do this for horse shows they re-pack, water and put
pellets down in between classes. The horse people understand this as horses
have fairly delicate respiratory systems. But it is still too hard of a
surface for the dogs and handlers.
Ken

End of showgsd-l Digest V4 #1558