  • From: Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: culzeans1@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 07:27:25 -0700 (PDT)

The purpose for most ads is to sell something - in the case of conformation
dogs
it is to "sell" the dog to a judge, to a potential stud service user, and as
advertising for possible future pups. And we know the ads work.
When you advertise that your dog non conformation show dog has earned an HC or
an OTCH or even an RN,  you are bragging about the accomplishment. It is nice
share the joy. We should all appreciate the work, but unless you are
advertising
a training program, it is not for financial gain or to let a judge know how
great the dog is in case you show under him/her in the future. That's the
difference.

And while I keep hearing that it costs money to campaign a dog to his
Championship while it only "takes three simple legs" to get a trial title, it
takes LOTS of trials to get a MACH, OTCH, PAM or an HC. Ever tried getting all
those double Q's?  Or get titles in many different venues?

So when you are just being proud of what you and your dog have accomplished
with
no thought of financial gain, just how many ads do you think you would run in a
magazine that is primarily a conformation oriented? Maybe one when you retire
your working partner.
Now if we gave the non-conformation world more reason to read the magazine with
interesting articles instead of page after page of outdated win photos and
results, maybe they would consider running ads.

I am in no way attacking the Review. I do believe there could be changes in
what
is presented. More articles of interest to the general membership. More
recognition of things other than conformation. Drop the results. Bring back the
title winners like they used to be. You would get a lot more interest.

Ruth