  • From: culzeans1@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 15:04:41 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: culzeans1@xxxxxxx
To: uwish@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, Jun 8, 2010 10:52 am
Subject: Re: showgsd-l Digest V4 #1001
Barbara

this was a great read!!!
My kennel name is Culzeans, pronounced Cul-lanes. It is an old Celtic word that
means Stronghold, I discovered it while watching America's Castles and the
episode was about castles that Americans had something to do with or build or
owned, etc. Well in Scotland there was a castle built on the coast named
Culzean and apparently the nephews who inheirted it were Americans, I believe
their name was Kennedy. President Eisenhower stayed there during the war. I
fell in love with the name,the castle and meaning so I used it for my dogs. So
on my web site I use Culzeans: A stronghold in Excellence.
I named my Reese: Culzeans RonstheReason because her mother's handler Ron
Dickey, thought I should breed her with my Bear because they had lots of CTHill
in common and it might mature DeeDee. so at 2 1/2 I bred Dee and Bear and got
wonderful Reese.

I then started naming all (my total of 3 litters!)  Dee had one litter and
Reese has had 2 litters. Reese's 1st litter who was out of CH Windmill's
Syncronicity was born on 8/8/08 and she had 8 pups! So in that litter we have
to name a few Culzeans Infinity, Culzeans Going for Gold(Dara the older swimmer
who won a silver), Culzeans Draw a Hard Line at PS. They were born on the
luckiest day of the century(according to the chinese and the first day of the
olympics). Her second litter was out of Sel Can/Am CH Heinerburg's O Danny Boy,
she had 2 pups 1 boy,1 girl. My boy is named Culzeans the Highland Macleod and
we call him Mac.

And my Saydee who is out of my Culzeans She's Something Else and Sel Ch Jezra's
Daytona, is Culzeans Never Say Never cause the co-breeder and I said we didn't
think we would ever use a specialty only dog, but we fell in love with Tony and
said Never say Never!
I find names fascinating and a lot of fun.
Thank you for the blog it was great!
Pam

Msg: #3 in digest
ate: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 11:21:38 -0400