  • From: chblackvelvet@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 20:51:11 -0400

Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!

Msg: #6 in digest
From: "Paula Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 19:50:23 GMT
Subject: Happy Birthday!!

Michelle Kaeser..........it's your day!!

Happy Birthday!!

    #1: From: Doris E <irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: (no subject)
    #2: From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
        Subject: THE JUNK YARD DOG SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    #3: From: shirley sommers <ssthunderpony@xxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Fw: Help Save Critical GSD DM Research
    #4: From: wernersommers@xxxxxxxxx
        Subject: Re: Diablo Valley in California Saturday and Sunday
    #5: From: <KensLandscape@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: OT an old hunting dog pic?
    #6: From: "Paula Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
    #7: From: stormy435 <stormy435@xxxxxxx>
        Subject: AKC<>Texas Mandatory Spay/Neuter Bills Introduced
    #8: From: stormy435 <stormy435@xxxxxxx>
         Subject: Arkansas Seeks to Require Annual Licenses of Up to
$1000

0A
Msg: #1 in digest
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 07:58:32 -0800
From: Doris E <irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx>

set vacation

------------------------------

Msg: #2 in digest
From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 12:27:41 EDT

What is a JUNK YARD DOG SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!????
Okay, I have your attention.  Most everyone loves a yard sale, right?
Let's
have a HUGE one .... one that stretches across the United States!!  We
can
raise a ton of money for Last Hope and, at the same time, garner a huge
amount of
publicity that will help show those who ignorantly support the AR
fanatics
that we DO care about the dogs!!

Here's the plan: I need at least one volunteer from each state to hold
a yard
sale to benefit Last Hope.  If I can get a good number of volunteers by
May
1st, the group can decide upon a mutually agreeable single date in July
or
August to hold their yard sales.  That gives plenty of time to collect
"stuff"
 from friends, neighbors, etc. and publicize their sale (Craig's List,
weekly
shoppers, etc - all freebies). Perhaps the Review would even put in a
blurb about
it.  Local radio and television stations can be notified to do remotes.
 This
could be a huge success and everything is tax-deductible.

Please volunteer to hold a sale - it costs nothing but your time and
think of
all
 the German Shepherds who might be saved as a result of your
efforts.  We
have to face the fact that if we don't help our own, no one else will.

Email me privately if you are willing to hold a sale.  I will keep a
list of
all names and contact all volunteers on May 1st to choose a date.

In some areas, I have no pride - I'm begging you all to do this for the
dogs.
Diane
Diane Silver-Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds<BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>A Good Credit
Score is 700 or Above.
See yours in just 2 easy steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1219850974x1201371016/aol?redir=
http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.asp
x%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)</HTML>

------------------------------

Msg: #3 in digest
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 10:19:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: shirley sommers <ssthunderpony@xxxxxxxxx>

Please read and sign the petition.

Please forward.

Thank You,
~Shirley

Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 10:55:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: wernersommers@xxxxxxxxx

Congratulations,
    On your BOS Sunday, at Diablo Valley.

    Also thank you for your ads in the March Review the mag. would not
be the same
without them

    The picture with Cindy is just great.

             Best

Werner
http://imagegermanshepherds.com/
 BISS Am/Can CH. Scher-Lo's Mr Karizma HIC.OFA h&e
Am.CH. Hadori's Samantha OFA h&e
B.O.F CH. Pointed, Lorien's Play By Play OFA h&e
On Sunday the BOS was:  AM CH / CAN CH Brazos of Sater-Nordlicht, OFA
H&E,
CGC
                        Owners: Michel & Naomi Ebertin
      Regards,
      Michel Ebertin

------------------------------

Msg: #5 in digest
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 12:08:36 -0700
From: <KensLandscape@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I have a very old picture of what looks to be 3 Springer Spaniels or
some kind of bird dog.  It is in a very old plain black frame.  On the
=0
Aback of matting it says "A Good Stand"  Published by M. T. Sheahan,
Boston Mass.  I have googled and googled Sheahan and came up with a lot
of stuff, mostly postcards and stamps from around 1907-1911 era, no
actual pictures.  The dog on the left is solid black (standing) the dog
in the middle is mostly white with some black around the ears
(standing) & the dog towards the front Is the white with black large
markings & a small amount of freckling (laying down).  I Know that if
it was an old Shepherd pic the GSDCA would appreciate having it and
just wondering if anyone out there has seen such a pic or know where I
can find out about it?

Denise Puglisi
Jefferson Hills, Pennsylvania

Netscape.  Just the Net You Need.

------------------------------

Msg: #6 in digest
From: "Paula Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 19:50:23 GMT

Michelle Kaeser..........it's your day!!

Happy Birthday!!!

Paula, 210 days and counting

------------------------------

Msg: #7 in digest
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 12:42:59 -0700
From: stormy435 <stormy435@xxxxxxx>

http://www.akc.org/news/index.cfm?article_id769

Texas Mandatory Spay/Ne
Print This Article
[Monday, March 16, 2009]

Two mandatory spay/neuter bills have been filed in the Texas
Legislature..
 House Bill 4277, sponsored by Representative Jose
Menendez of San Antonio, and Senate Bill 1845, sponsored by Senator
Leticia Van de Putte also of San Antonio, will require that all dogs
over six months of age be sterilized. The American Kennel Club (AKC)
and its Texas federation of owners, the Responsible Pet Owners Alliance
(RPOA), believe that any attempt at restricting the rights and
liberties of responsible breeders–especially via mandatory spay/neuter
laws–must be defeated. If adopted, these bills will have a profound
negative impact not only on responsible dog breeders in Texas, but also
on all current and prospective dog owners. Therefore, it is vital that
all responsible dog breeders and all concerned dog owners in Texas, as
well as anyone worried about such radical policy, contact their elected
state legislatives as well as the bills’ sponsors and respectfully let
them know that these draconi
 an measures are unreasonable, unenforceable, and unacceptable.

The American Kennel Club opposes the concepts of breeding permits,
breeding bans, or the mandatory spay/neuter of purebred dogs. Instead,
AKC supports reasonable and enforceable laws that protect the welfare
and health of purebred dogs and do not restrict the rights of breeders
and owners who take their responsibilities seriously. Additionally, we
strongly support and actively promote a wide range of programs to
educate the public about responsible breeding practice
s and the
responsibilities of dog ownership.

As currently written, HB 4277 and SB 1845 would:

    * Require every person who owns a dog or cat at least six months of
age to have the animal spayed or neutered.
    * Provide few exceptions, including one for owners of a dog or cat
who purchase an intact animal permit at a cost of $300 per intact
animal.
    * Make each violation of this law a class C misdemeanor, liable for
fines up to $500 per violation.

WHAT YOU CAN DO:

All concerned responsible dog breeders and owners in Texas, as well as
all other concerned Texas residents, are strongly encouraged to write
their elected state legislators as well as the bills’ sponsors. Let
them know that mandatory spay/neuter bills are radical and unacceptable
and will have a profound negative impact upon the state of Texas.

To find out who represents you in the Texas House of Representatives,
click here. For a customizable sample letter to send to your
representative, click here.

To find out who represents you in the Texas State Senate, click here.
For a customizable sample letter to send to your senator, click here.

House Bill 4277 Sponsor Representative Jose Menendez
Capitol Office: EXT E2.204
Capitol Address:
P.O. Box 2910
Capitol Station
Austin, TX 78768
PHONE: (512) 463-0634
FAX: (512) 463-7668
To write Representative Menendez via e-mail, click here
for an e-mail
form.

District Address:
7121 US Hwy. 90 West, Suite 240
San Antonio, TX 78227
PHONE: (210) 673-3579
FAX: (210) 673-3816

Senate Bill 1845 Sponsor Leticia Van De Putte
Capitol Office: EXT E1.704
Capitol Address:
P.O. Box 12068
Capitol Station
Austin, TX 78711
PHONE: (512) 463-0126
TOLL FREE: 1 (888) 279-0648
FAX: (512) 463-2114
To write Senator Van De Putte via e-mail, click here for an e-mail form.
District Address:
700 N. St. Mary’s Street, Suite 1725
San Antonio, TX 78205
PHONE: (210) 733-6604
FAX: (210) 733-6605

For a copy of the AKC’s Disagree Diplomatically brochure, please click
here.

The AKC Government Relations Department will continue to monitor the
consideration of HB 4277 and SB 1845 and will notify the purebred dog
community when these bills are assigned to a committee. Contact
information for committee members will be provided and purebred dog
owners should express their strong opposition to these bills to their
respective committee members at that time.

For more information, please contact AKC’s Government Relations
Department at (919) 816-3720, or e-mail doglaw@xxxxxxx; or contact the
Responsible Pet Owners Alliance at (210) 822-6763, at
www.responsiblepetowners.org, or at rpoa@xxxxxxxxxx
--
Stormy Hope
www.carpoc.org

------------------------------

Msg: #8 in di
gest
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 12:40:18 -0700
Subject: Arkansas Seeks to Require Annual Licenses of Up to $1000
From: stormy435 <stormy435@xxxxxxx>

Arkansas Seeks to Require Annual Licenses of Up to $1000 for Dog Owners
and Handlers
Print This Article
[Monday, March 16, 2009]
A bill has been introduced in the Arkansas Senate that requires owners
of 12 or more dogs of any age to purchase an annual license for the
right to maintain ownership of the dogs, regardless of whether the
animals are on your property.

"Owner" is defined as someone who meets any of the following criteria:

    * Has a right of property in a dog or cat
    * Keeps or harbors a dog or cat
    * Acts as a custodian of a dog or cat

Senate Bill 864 would require any owner of 12 to 24 dogs and/or cats to
obtain a $250 annual license. If you own over 24 dogs and/or cats, then
you must pay $1000 each year. This would place severe financial
hardships on responsible dog owners without addressing the real problem
of irresponsible dog ownership.

The following are exempted from the license requirements:

    * A veterinarian or veterinary facility that provides services
under the Arkansas Veterinary Medical Practice Act
    * A boarding, kennel, or grooming facility that acts as a temporary
custodian in exchange for compensation
    * An agency of the federal, state,20county, municipal or other
governmental or political subdivision acting under official duties
    * Any entity owned or managed by a state or local government agency
that is responsible for animal control
    * Research facilities

In addition, the bill allows for a warrantless inspection by an animal
control officer or other public health or safety official upon any
complaint "or upon his or her own motion". This may include an
inspection of the animals as well as the facility.

AKC is opposed to egregious requirements that punish responsible dog
owners while doing nothing to address the issue of irresponsible dog
ownership. Instead, we support reasonable and enforceable laws that
protect the welfare and health of purebred dogs and do not restrict the
rights of breeders and owners who take their responsibilities seriously.

What You Can Do:

    *

      Contact the sponsor of Senate Bill 864 and politely, yet strongly
express your opposition to Senate Bill 864:

      Senator Sue Madison
      573 Rock Cliff Rd.
      Fayetteville, AR 72701
      Phone: (479) 442-2997
      E-mail: madisons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    * Contact the members of the Senate Judiciary Committee. Ask them
to oppose Senate Bill 864. Their contact information is as follows:

Senator Ed Wilkinson (Chairm
an)
Box 610
Greenwood, AR 72936
Phone: (479) 996-4171

Senator Ruth Whitaker (Vice-Chair)
PO Box 349
Cedarville, AR 72932
Phone: (479) 474-0911
E-mail: whitakerr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Senator David Johnson
2511 Valley Park Drive
Little Rock, AR 72212
Phone: (501) 682-6107
E-mail: johnsond@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Senator Jim Luker
PO Box 216
Wynne, AR 72396
Phone: (870) 238-8588
E-mail: lukerj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Senator Sue Madison
573 Rock Cliff Road
Fayetteville, AR 72701
Phone: (479) 442-2997
E-mail: madisons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Senator Jerry Taylor
6203 Ridgewood Drive
Pine Bluff, AR 71603
Phone: (870) 879-3233
E-mail: taylorj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Senator Robert Thompson
414 West Court
Paragould, AR 72450
Phone: (870) 239-9581
E-mail: thompsonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Senator Henry "Hank" Wilkins
717 W. 2nd Avenue
Pine Bluff, AR 71601
Phone: (870) 536-6366
E-mail: hwilkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Additional Resources:

Click here for AKC?s "Disagree Diplomatically" brochure

Click here for AKC?s "Make Your Contact Count" brochure for suggestions
on how to effectively communicate with legislators.
--
Stormy Hope
www.carpoc.org
AKC Legislative Liaison, GSDCA
Sunshine Squad <showgsd.org/sunshine.html)
GSDs and more

End of showgsd-l Digest V3 #634