  • From: Culzeans1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 19:52:32 EST

I agree so how do we get this started? It makes the most sense. PETA  doesn't
have a separate group for each state, they are all one group who  function in
each state. We need an national group with local/state outreaches.  One group
that if you can't find a local group they can help you start one or  locate
the nearest chapter.
There is so much strength and power in numbers, that is why the AR"S  are
effective.
United and fighting, I like that
Pam

In a message dated 2/20/2009 6:12:13 P.M. Central Standard Time,
Msg: #1  in digest
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 13:54:11 -0800
Subject: Re: Board  meetings (Long)
From: stormy435 <stormy435@xxxxxxx>

"Not my  fight" "They exempted show animals" "Don't want them to know where I
 live"
Apathy, no organization, comes out when it's about to affect  them, and most
of all no main organizing body.  Or person.  Each  org. has this ego problem,
and actually don't play nice with other  organizations.  Each lobbyist speaks
for their own group and sometimes  shoots the other feller in the foot.  Look
what AKC almost did with  AB1634!  Or PAWS.  TheFarm Bureau just pulled
opposition from a bill  in a state because they switched focus to dogs and
cats.

States  NEED their own local groups (states federations, etc.).  They know
their  state or their local area and can work best there.  Not every problem
needs a National intervention.  BUT an effective National group can  umbrella
these groups and guide, support and come to their aid.  They can  send
professional lobbyists if needed, and watchdog and go  proactive.

As I said, I only know of 3 truly national PET groups.  NAIA, ADOA and CFA
and then RPOA.  I DON"t agree that the small  local groups are not needed.  But
ORGANIZATION, having an strong umbrella  group with a warchest that can move
fast and effectively.  YEP, that's  needed.

Just suggested that we have a symbol for ALL animal WELFARE  groups, from snak
e owners to dairy farmers, from cat owners to horse owners,  and of course,
dog owners.  A symbol that means  that we are united  and fighting, then moving
ahead and forward, moving them back into the ditch  and we take the high road.

Stormy
On Feb 20, 2009, at 1:37:02 PM,  "Nancy Harper"
<nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't  understand why ALL CHARTER BREED CLUBS, Dog food  manufacturers,
suppliers, distributors, etc don't ALL join forces.  There is strength and
MONEY in numbers.