  • From: Christina Klahn <ducksavsfan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 13:36:45 -0800 (PST)

Thoughts from a Newbie, and please, no one take shots.

I've also been showing in UKC because it's a great venue to learn and have fun
in.  There are a few things I've always thought AKC could pick up from them,
but there's a major one that may help tremendously.  UKC will register mix
breeds, I believe they call them "All American Mixed Breed Dogs."  Those mixed
breeds can then compete in anything but conformation.  To me, this is a great
idea to get pet people involved with their dogs.  Plus, it's more money to the
registry and more entries to the events.  I know AKC is a "purebred" registry,
but what's the harm in letting mixed breeds compete in performance events.  I
think it would be a good PR move on their part as well.  Yes, I know about the
ILP registrations, but those dogs are still supposed to look purebred.  What
about the Benji dogs of the world?  As many others says, JMHO.

Christina Klahn
ducksavsfan@xxxxxxxxx