  • From: Gsdjudge@xxxxxxx
  • To: Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 12:50:01 EST

In a message dated 12/22/2006 8:13:28 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx writes:
WE   JUST USED COMMON SENSE AND A SENSE OF FAIRNESS AND THAT WORKED BETTER
THAN  CONTRACTS...   BARB WILLIAMS

Barb: I don't know if you remember mentoring me back in the 60's but  most
everything i learned from you, Ruth Schriefer and Mary Kirtland has served  me
well over the years. Even though i only breed one or two litters every couple
of years i still  make my WORD my bond.I do return purchase  prices on puppies
for ANY reason . i took one back a couple of years  ago that the people had
for 2 years but called and told me she was too  aggresive. When i got to their
house i found that they had her kenneled with a  very aggressive schutzhund
trained male that they had purchased from Germany and  they had no idea on how
to handle a good working dog.She just learned  from the male. I gave them their
$500 back and took her home.  She's been with us ever since. I have no
trouble controlling her and i'm sure  that if it were ever necessary that she
would
give her life to protect us.I've  tried to screen prospective buyers as you
taught me so many years ago and  have not  had to refund purchase price or
replace very many  animals. I do believe that common sense and fairness work
better
than any  contract plus it is good PR for the breeders and the  breed.