  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, sally@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 18:55:40 EST

Both these statements by Sally and Barbara are so true. It can't  be
"spoon-fed"  Our younger people are so used to having Instant   information on
demand,
with instant gratification, and it just doesn't work that  way.You have to
WANT to dig out the info,because you love the breed  and  really desire to know
everything about it and everything connected to  it. You have to be a nutty
animal lover to begin with--otherwise you'll  never survive the
disappointments,and heartbreaks that go along with this sport.  All of us
"oldsters" started
with no help,no mentors close by.. I've said before  there was only one other
GSD dog person in Minn. I had to reach out to  Longworth in Mich,and Ed LeCouq
in Iowa . We had very few dog shows 50  years ago. I had to start my own
club(GSDC of Mpls& St Paul) And Barbara  probably had it even tougher--living
in
Hawaii. Helen Miller Fisher

message dated 12/17/2006 1:04:26 PM Pacific Standard Time,  Showgsd-
Sally <sally@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

No one GOT me to play  the game- I played the game because I wanted to.-
They have to want - If  people have to be spoon fed and led by the hand then
maybe they need to play  another game- We all had heart breaks as beginners.
But first and foremost  you gotta want it and stick with it till you get
what you  want.

sally

I BELIEVE YOU HAVE TO BE BORN WITH A LOVE FOR  THEM, OR IT DOESN'T WORK AND
IF IT DOES, IT DOESN'T LAST LONG.. MY CHILDREN  ARE PERFECT EXAMPLES... THEY
DIDN'T INHERIT MY PASSION AND ALWAYS  CONSIDERED  MY  SHEPHERDS , AS   'MOM'S
FOLLY'...JMO  BARB