  • From: Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 13:59:45 EST

Msg: #3 in digest
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 08:03:29 -0800 (PST)
From: carolyn mckenna <carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: What's an appropriate bonus?

Bonus ????? Are you not paying your handler to WIN in the first
place. Isn't a bonus for something above and beyand ? Some handlers
are now charging a "bonus" for making the cut in the group rigng. Due
to this, I no longer make a cut, just make the four group placings.
Encourage not discourage. Carolyn
GSDdogmom@xxxxxxx wrote: I have my first show dog who recently won his first
major. Since this is a
new experience, I'm not sure if a bonus is appropriate or expected. Is there
a norm or a standard? Do you give a bonus when points are earned or only
when they finish? Also, do you give a gift or cash?

Thanks for the input!

Lori Stewart
San Diego

   WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GOOD OLD DAYS WHEN YOU BOUGHT THE HANDLER A STEAK
DINNER AND DRINKS???  EVERYONE CELEBRATED THE WIN..
.OH, WELL..I AM WAY BEHIND TIMES... I ALSO HURT MY RIGHT HAND AND TYPING IS
REALLY DIFFICULT WITH MY LEFT SHOULDER  FOULED UP TOO... SO PLEASE EXCUSE IF I
DON'T ANSWER YOUR PRIVATE POSTS, ETC. FOR AWHILE... BEST!! BARB WILLIAMS