  • From: Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 19:10:59 EST

In a message dated 12/6/2006 3:13:17 PM Pacific Standard Time, Showgsd-
------------------------------
Msg: #10 in digest
From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 18:08:54 EST
Subject: Re: Standard backlines....

In a message dated 12/6/2006 2:33:30 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Excuse me while I pick myself up off the floor.....use German dogs
to improve reach? (no need to say front...there is no other
kind).........if you think you
have to go to imports to improve fronts, you need to widen your horizons
and look at some of the other dogs we have in this country.....we have
beautiful shoulders...if only people

Have to admit, this one made me go....HUH??? Now before the German
aficionados, and admirers ( Ken and I are amongst them too ya know, lol) get
in a
huff...I don't think people go to a German dog for improving shoulders and
reach. Speaking ONLY for ourselves ok.....we go for ribbing, feet, pigment,
longevity (we hope) toughness, physical and mental, and to BROADEN THE GENE
POOL
IN OUR PROGRAM.

The Germans are the FIRST to admit that the Americans have the edge when it
comes to movement. The American dogs too, give elegance, and tone down some
of the drivey-ness (is that a word? lol) with some of the hot German lines.

It is an interesting thing to see what can come from a good American dog and
a good German dog....if you get showdogs that is SUPER, but the show ring is
gravy. If you get brood bitches that is a o k, too......it is all about
improving, and striving to make a healthy, long lived, super minded, CORRECT
dog
that genetically as sound as you can make it and is gorgeous to boot, ..one
generation at a time.
Kathy Tank

_Victory German Shepherds_ (http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com/index.htm)
~ WEBSITE UPDATED: Nov 13, 2006
Home of CH. ELVASTON'S NATIONS CUP, TC, OFA H/E DNA'D "NITRO"
26 BISS/ BESTS OF BREED TO DATE 2006 PACIFIC COAST VICTOR

  KATHY;  I AGREE WITH YOU.... ..BUT WHERE ARE ALL THE BEAUTIFUL PERFECT
AMERICAN  BRED SHEPHERDS WITH EXCELLENT FOREQUARTERS???
.I BELIEVE,  IT IS A UNIVERSAL PROBLEM ,   THE LOSS OF THE EXCELLENT
FOREQUARTER, BOTH IN  AMERICAN AND  WEST GERMAN. SHEPHERDS.

   HAVE LIVED WITH AND OWNED AND BRED SOME OF THE BEST FOREQUARTERS IN  MY
SHEPHERDS,  IN THE  USA, , FROM  PURE  AMERICAN LINES  AND COMBINATION  WEST
GERMAN  EX AMERICAN LINES, AND OWNED  THREE OF PURE  WEST GERMAN LINES.. IT'S
ALL GENETICS!!! .BARB W.