  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 00:17:16 -0500

I wasn't talking about who revolutionized anything...I was talking about
trying to make the dogs all look the same...someone said Goldens
do........well, at a casual glance that's true...and it is due to one
dog, mainly.  The biggest change in Shepherds I believe came post
Lance...whether it was due to his dam or his grandsire or his left hind
foot makes no difference to the point I was trying to make...that if you
let the breed all become cookie cutters, then there is nowhere left to
go to fix something that goes wrong while you're cutting out all the
cookies.
    And if all the dogs were close to identical, with the same faults
and same virtues, there'd be no need to have so many dog shows to find
out which one was best...
they'd all be the same.
       If you want to pick on whatever dog changed the breed, I believe
you will find that most of the big changes in the GSD occurred after
Lance.......whether you can lay the changes on the doorstep of either
side of his pedigree wasn't my point......I was trying to make a simple
statement that had to do with cookie cutter dogs...
...........   there are times when I'm not succinct or clear, but I
thought I was pretty clear with my original statement, and it had
nothing to do with Lance's topline, pedigree, or where he got whatever
he had.  How it turned into that is a puzzle to me...........and I don't
want to argue about it.......