  • From: Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 21:14:17 EST

Msg: #5 in digest
From: EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 17:04:39 EST
Subject: Handler dominated breed

Someone has already said it but let me repeat handling GSDs is an athletic
job. I am thankful for those that allow people like myself to continue in
this
breed that has become such a large part of my life. That said they should
NOT win just because they are handlers. Almost every judge walks in the ring
hoping that some kid will come in the ring with a star and allow that judge
be a hero and put him/her all the way. On the other hand any judge that puts
a kid or rank amateur up just because of that does the breed a great
disservice
Fred Migliore

------------------------------

End of showgsd-l Digest V3 #3287
********************************

   From Fred's post where he says he is 74, I will admit I am older by   2
years...
Both Fred and myself have enjoyed a long time in this GS Breed as
Handlers/Breeders/ Judges , Consultants,  and on and on...
  So we have seen  and been involved in 'all sides' of this 'Sport'..
We have seen Fads and Fancy's,  come and Go, and  many  People and Breeders
and Judges,  come and go... ALL  sorts of changes taking place..over Many ,
Many Years....

  Fred and I  do not always agree, but  I feel we have  respect for each
other based on years of  giving it 'our best shot' with Dedication to this
particular GS Breed.
   I would never hesitate to present one of my Shepherds,  to Fred for an
Honest and  Knowledgeable Educated Eye  appraisal.
  .If I was a Novice, and was  going to buy a Shepherd to 'Begin a Breeding
program'  I would seek Fred's appraisal of that particular Shepherd.
.Please understand, this is not a flippant nor an   insincere post...I am
deadly serious!!!
  I am reminded that when you all speak of Breed Standards, and Handler's
Dominating the Breed...The Ball is in your Court!!!!!!
   It is up to you to make the extreme sacrifices of giving your Heart and
Soul and Checkbook to this Breed and to be in it for the LONG HAUL!!!!  Good
Times and Bad...That is what makes a True Dog Person... JMO Barb Williams