  • From: gsdpaz2@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 13:20:34 -0500

Great post on movement!!

Brenda

-----Original Message-----
From: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 12:45 PM
Subject: showgsd-l Digest V3 #3228

showgsd-l Digest    Thu, 16 Nov 2006    Volume: 03  Issue: 3228

In This Issue:
    #1: From: "Ginger Cleary" <cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: an excellent read
    #2: From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
        Subject:   Delta Airlines & Nationals
    #3: From: LEWIEB@xxxxxxx
        Subject: Two Long Coat Need Rescue
    #4: From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Re: Fadng puppy - liver water recipe..
    #5: From: "Robert Dir" <dir@xxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Re: Need Some Help Re: Movement
    #6: From: "Robert Dir" <dir@xxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Re: Movement/ floating v. driving

Msg: #1 in digest
From: "Ginger Cleary" <cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 11:07:20 -0500

http://www.patriotgold.com/49days.htm
Great article!

Ginger Cleary, Rome, GA
Never underestimate the ability of the hypocritical to hoodwink the
sanctimonious. www.rihadin.com

------------------------------

Msg: #2 in digest
From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 08:11:20 -0800

Considering that DELTA has claimed to have lost millions  we need to take this
kind of news
 seriously even though DELTA claims it is not interested at this point.
The simple fact is that the airlines are changing.....our future for shipping
dogs is not looking
great.    Failure of this plan by USAir  does not mean USAir or America West
will not take over
another airline that does ship dogs.    Each airline is struggling
..........and
things change.
To be pro-active we all need to try help our Show Site Chair person look for
future sites with
the possiblity of two or three semi permanent or permanent sites in mind.
It's coming.....and
before it's an emergency and we still have some control .....we need to help.
If you live near any of the main hub airports......please keep this in mind and
take the time to
seriously look for facilities.
We all need to consider the future and success of our National and our
Breed.....

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

  I am forwarding this with permission. Anyone hear about this? This is
definitely NOT good for
   the National if it happens!

  Ginger Cleary, Rome, GA

From: LEWIEB@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 11:33:23 EST

First of all I would like to say thank you to Dawn for monitoring the  Rescue
Boards for dogs who are in need of help.  I also was sent a post  from
another person who said they visited these two dogs who are at Winding  River
Board
Kennel and are going to be put down.  Thought I should tell you  the rest of
the story.

Winding River is my Vet. Dr. Dan Hecker, the Kennel is about 3/4 mile  from
my house and we have visited these two dogs many times.  Yes, the  owner moved
to Germany, paid the board for many months and then just  stopped.  I do not
know who posted these dogs were friendly, they are  NOT.  You cannot feed them
without being attacked, bared teeth and all  that.  You actually have to let
them outside, put their food inside and  then let them back inside to eat.
Close the door so you can clean up their  run while they are inside.  Make eye
contact, the war is on.  Several  club members have tried to help these dogs to
no avail.

Now here is the sad part about Rescue, not all dogs can be placed in  another
home.  Yes, thank goodness most can but some cannot and these two  are in
that category.  When posts are sent out across the country it all  seems cold
hearted and that is just not the case.

When Anne Mackey, who is currently trying to capture a loose and very wild
dog that is running Swope Park, tells me there is no hope for these two dogs
you  know it is serious and a true shame.

So to Dawn and others, thanks for being there and for making sure everyone
is aware of how much Rescue is needed and how important it is to be a
responsible breeder and responsible pet owner.  However, maybe we can  work
together
with educational materials and an objective to reduce the number  of dogs
needing rescued.

Lew

------------------------------

Msg: #4 in digest
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 09:38:02 -0800 (PST)
From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>

I have used this and it is as good as they say it is.
Works wonders on a fading pup.
  Terry
Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  For Jim and anyone else (people should file this recipe and instructions
away:
Beef Liver Remedy For Fading Puppies
It's so simple...Large piece of Beef Liver-little bit of water-boil
slowly,about 5 minutes until the blood comes out.
Let cool-drain the liquid and put just 4 drops (no matter the breed)
into a dropper and give to puppy.
At first you give it every 2 hours for 12 hours, then every 4 hours.
The article says you can do this for however long you have to until you
feel the puppy is thriving.

I did this for 2 days and the turn around was miraculous. This was the
smallest puppy -- just 4 ounces -- out of a litter of 7. He was doing
fine for 3
days and then began to fade. After only the second dose he came around,
but I continued for 2 days.
Don't use any of the liver itself-it's way too rich--just the liquid.
I wouldn't have another litter without a piece of beef liver in the freezer.
I just spoke to a friend who has a much larger breed and she said she
gave the 4 drops every hour for 12 hours, and then went to every 2 hours
-then to 4
hours. So I guess you can vary it for different breeds. She agreed it
was amazing. She had 2 fading puppies and they are fine now.
Mimi Winkler, author; shared by Peggy M

DstnGSD1@xxxxxxx wrote:

>OK list I need help. I've got eight puppies born by c-section Sunday about 4
>am. they were all very vigorous at birth now I notice the smallest seems to
>be fading. She was laying for a long time on the heating pad, and I fear
>dehydration. Someone once mentioned a formula for milk
>replacement.....condensed

>milk, kayo syrup, egg yolk or something ....I have a bottle. she seems to be
>an inefficient nurser.
>I can get Esimilac at a local farm & fleet, would that be better?
>Any help would be appreciated.
>Thanks.
>Jim

>POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

PERMISSION
OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND
IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.

>VISIT OUR WEBSITE - URL temporarily deleted due to AOL issues

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

MANNER
ALL

---------------------------------
Sponsored Link

$420,000 Mortgage for $1,399/month -   Think You Pay Too Much For Your
Mortgage?
Find Out!

Msg: #5 in digest
From: "Robert Dir" <dir@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 19:36:45 -0600

DOESN'T A PISTON GO UP AND DOWN?   Just asking.  sandi
From: "Robert Dir" <dir@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 19:47:48 -0600

Yes Suzanne and he was a great producer also.  Sandi