  • From: gsdpaz2@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 12:14:49 -0500

I like your thought process Barbara.

Information is much more enjoyable to read than reading than a lot of negative
comments about, this that and the other.

How many of us own dogs because they never have anything bad to say? Here's
something to think about, I love my dog because!!!

I love my dogs because, they make me laugh and I feel younger and healthier
when I smile and laugh. Boy do I use a lot of "and" LOL

How come you love your dog?

Peace & Wellbeing
Brenda

    #1: From: riatagsd@xxxxxxx
        Subject: Re: November Review
    #2: From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Treats Re-Cap
    #3: From: PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx
        Subject: Re: NEW national judges???
    #4: From: Michael Lynch <cccaudiology@xxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Ch. Black Ice
    #5: From: "PATRICIA WALKER" <TishWalker5@xxxxxxx>
    #6: From: "Helen Franklin" <helen@xxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: New National Judges
    #7: From: "Alycia Partei" <frontiergsd@xxxxxxx>
        Subject: Happy Birthday
    #8: From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
        Subject: Re: Happy Birthday
    #9: From: "karekedi" <karekedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Oh MY ! what is a girl to wear
    #10:    From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx
        Subject: Re: [amergsd] suggestions for weight gain
    #11:    From: "jason" <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Re: Oh MY ! what is a girl (or guy) to wear

Msg: #1 in digest
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 08:09:57 -0500
From: riatagsd@xxxxxxx

Wow, I would just like to get my October one.

Judy

Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 09:28:39 -0500
From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>

Anytime I ask a question where there are multiple answers, I always try
to share them with the List because many people just respond to me
personally.  I think we can all benefit from one another ideas so I
always try to share what I've learned from you.  So thanks for taking
the time to answer this question.  Here are the answers:
knuckle bones - 3
raw carrots - 5
Homemade honey treats - 1
Mother Nature cookies - 1
Branstone cookies - 1
treats that were at the National Victory dinner table - 3
freeze dried liver - 3
Solid Gold treats - 1
pig ears - 1
Pedigree Dental Stix - 2
oven dried fried chicken livers with garlic powder- 1
Mo's "famous" wrinkled weenie treats - 1
marrow bones - 3
turkey necks - 2
almonds - 1
ice cubes - 2
sweet potatoes - 1
broccoli - 2
small multi colored dog biscuits - 2
Carnivore cookies - 1
Cheetos, cheese its, jelly beans - 1
Wysongs treats - 1
watermelon - 1
cantaloupe - 1
apples - 1
green beans - 2
bell peppers - 1
tomatoes - 1
home made dog biscuit recipe - 1
Costco chicken jerky - 2
cucumbers - 1
squash - 1
strawberries & blue cheese - 1
ice cubes made from chicken broth - 1
chicken livers baked with garlic powder & cheese cubes - 1
Milkbones - 2
chicken livers - 1
Bill Jac - 1
dental bones - 1
Large basted bones - 2
pecans - 1

--
Barbara J. Galasso
CHIEFTAINS GERMAN SHEPHERDS

------------------------------

Msg: #3 in digest
From: PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 09:31:21 EST

In a message dated 11/9/2006 9:52:40 PM Central Standard Time,
marhaven@xxxxxxx writes:
Is there something I'm missing on the 2007 Judging slate???
Isn't Bob Kish a "new name".......a "new face".....a "new Judge"  for the
National...?????
Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com
----------------------------------

Yes Bob is a new name....As a boardmember/officer of the GSDCA Gary has
turned down yearly petitions  to run to judge our national.  He has stuck by
his

conviction that a seated board member/officer of the GSDCA should not judge
our

national while serving the membership. He has been honored with having judged
the Canadian National.
Gary and I dont always agree in his picks,  but I can tell you when he judges
its his opinion alone...not who the dog is or who owns the dog or whos
handling the dog.
I also feel that it would help to get new faces by changing the 3 year ruling
and making it 5 yrs between national judging assignments.

Patty Szymczak...(yes I am a little bias:))))

------------------------------

Msg: #4 in digest
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 06:42:39 -0800 (PST)
From: Michael Lynch <cccaudiology@xxxxxxxxx>

I had a question about the Ch. Black Ice dog, can the
owners email me privately? I had the email addy, but
somehow it has dissapeared. (I place the blame on the
computer gnomes--they used to be called Barn Gnomes,
but since the weather has turned cooler, they wreak
havoc indoors).

thanks,

Mike Lynch

======================
www.BlackHawk-Farms.com
Northern California American Saddlebred Horse Association
Vice President (Class of 2007)

http://new.mail.yahoo.com

------------------------------

Msg: #5 in digest
From: "PATRICIA WALKER" <TishWalker5@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 09:49:15 -0500

Is there something I'm missing on the 2007 Judging slate???
Isn't Bob Kish a "new name".......a "new face".....a "new Judge"  for the
National...?????
Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx<mailto:marhaven@xxxxxxx>

It seems to me there have been quite a few new faces in the past 4 years or so.

Michel Chaloux, Jamie Walker, Gloria Birch, Debbie Hokkanen, Ken Downing.  I
don't remember for sure if Joan Fox and John DeHope had judged previously.  And
Dan Smith hadn't judged in several years.  Bob Kish is new for next year.

Tish

------------------------------

Msg: #6 in digest
From: "Helen Franklin" <helen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 06:56:44 -0800

We have some wonderful Intersex Judges and off the top of my head, Dave Rinke
comes to mind.  Ed has always been fun to watch and that's why he's been
elected
so many times.  If an Intersex judge does a bad job, they won't be back.  By
lengthing the time, some of the most knowledgable and best judges will be too
old to return.  I think I also favor one vote, we do that for President.
Helen

------------------------------

Msg: #7 in digest
From: "Alycia Partei" <frontiergsd@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 07:59:40 -0800

First to Doris Estabrook!  Happy Happy Birthday!

Second - To the MARINES  -  Hooohh Raaahh!

Alycia Partei
Wife of a Marine, Aunt of a Marine, Employer of a couple of Marines

------------------------------

Msg: #8 in digest
From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 11:18:27 EST

To all the Marines on the list, (Once a marine, always a marine), I echo
Alycia.   Hoooohh Raaaah!
Happy Birthday to all of us.

Stormy Hope

In a message dated 11/10/06 8:00:51 AM, frontiergsd@xxxxxxx writes:

> First to Doris Estabrook!  Happy Happy Birthday!
>
> Second - To the MARINES  -  Hooohh Raaahh!
>
> Alycia Partei
> Wife of a Marine, Aunt of a Marine, Employer of a couple of Marines

"You may never know what results come from your action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result."
                                           Mahatma Gandhi
Stormy Hope
*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*
UPDATED 2/11/06....CHECK IT OUT!!!!
www.FairhopeGSD.com

------------------------------

Msg: #9 in digest
From: "karekedi" <karekedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 09:27:59 -0700

I would like all an opinion from the list about what is appropriate to wear,
here in 2006, when showing in the all breed ring . Used to be that you always
wore a skirt, but now I see some in pants suits or slacks and blouse .
Do you think that a nice pair of slacks and blouse are just as good as a skirt
now days . What about in the specialty ring ?
 I have been watching but I can't seem to make a decision.
 Can safely go to slacks instead of a skirt or not .???
Connie

------------------------------

Msg: #10 in digest
From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 11:31:01 EST

There really are some dogs that just don't gain much - just like
the people I envy <G>.  I have one that will gain some, then  lose it
again.  In the past, dogs I've had like that have outgrown it, but
this boy is 6 now and still does the same.  His TLI is 7.1, so
he doesn't have EPI.  He's tested free of parasites, and even  after
I treated him anyway (just in case) there was no change.  I tried
different foods and supplements - again he'd gain, then lose it
again.   He went through aspiration pnuemonia that repeated  itself
a few times - while clearing that up, we did a barium test, blood
tests and scoped him - no mega, healthy heart, kidneys, liver,etc,
and normal thyroid.  He's just a lean dog!  Three of his  progeny
are the same, while others are not.  It drives me crazy, but I'm
just feed him a high quality food and luckily his coat looks
great and he has plenty of energy - I suspect the energy may
be the problem, as he and his 'skinny' kids are all nonstop
fence runners!

Janice

In a message dated 11/9/2006 8:08:31 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
cherlyngsd@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Ginger,

Have you had her checked out for EPI  ? Below is a link to just one of the
many sites on this topic.

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/exocrine_pancreatic_insufficie.html

Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (also called  ââ?¬Å?Maldigestionââ?¬Â?)
The most common cause of digestive enzyme deficiency  in dogs is
ââ?¬Å?pancreatic
acinar atrophy,� where the pancreas simply is shriveled  and useless.
This
condition seems to have a genetic basis but is not  congenital and may develop
at
any age (though usually shows up before age 4  years). The German Shepherd
Dog and Rough-Coated Collie are particularly at  risk and the mode of
inheretance appears to be autosomal recessive and  involves immune-mediated
destruction
of the pancreas. About 70% of dogs with  exocrine pancreatic insufficiency are
German Shepherd dogs and 20% are Rough  Collies

Lyn
Ginger Cleary  <cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
NOT for me, LOL!  I have a bitch that is eating twice a day,  nearly four
cups each feeding, she is parasite free and yet will not gain  weight. She is a
very active.  I have her on a good meat based quality  dog food. The fat
content is 20%, the highest I can find.

Any suggestions?  Is there something I could add to her food  to help? I am
worried about her. Though she certainly acts fine, has normal  stools, etc,
etc. She just won't gain weight.

Ginger Cleary, Rome, GA
Never underestimate the ability  of the hypocritical to hoodwink the
sanctimonious.  www.rihadin.com

------------------------------

Msg: #11 in digest
From: "jason" <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 11:40:59 -0500

Great for the guys as well.  My last show I had a allergic reaction to a
medication, so I had to wear tennis shoes, and I was not able to wear a tie
since I was not able to button the top button.  Most of my suits are
compliments of the US Army, so my jacket supply is very small.

What will hurt you in the ring as far as dress.  Of course I would never
enter the ring in jeans, but is business casual a sin?  Could not wearing a
tie or a jacket hurt?

Jason B Bour
http://bestinbreed.org

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 09:27:59 -0700, karekedi wrote
> I would like all an opinion from the list about what is appropriate
> to wear, here in 2006, when showing in the all breed ring . Used to
> be that you always wore a skirt, but now I see some in pants suits
> or slacks and blouse . Do you think that a nice pair of slacks and
> blouse are just as good as a skirt now days . What about in the
> specialty ring ?  I have been watching but I can't seem to make a decision.
>  Can safely go to slacks instead of a skirt or not .???
> Connie

End of showgsd-l Digest V3 #3171
AOL Mail and more.