  • From: gsdpaz2@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 11:50:58 -0500

Re: Weight gain, have you had her tested for EPI? It's very common in our
breed, however there are other signs but it would be good to rule it out.

Brenda

    #1: From: "Laurie Pruett" <pruett@xxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: national judges
    #2: From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
        Subject: Re: suggestions for weight gain
    #3: From: Lyn Chernak <cherlyngsd@xxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Re: Tattoo Number on Dog
    #4: From: BJBuie@xxxxxxx
        Subject: Re: Weighted ballot
    #5: From: CLOVERLEIFE@xxxxxxx
        Subject: Re: The End of the Story - is about time
    #6: From: Doris E <irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: October Awards
    #7: From: "PATRICIA WALKER" <TishWalker5@xxxxxxx>
        Subject: Re: I wonder/ Weighted ballot
    #8: From: Doris E <irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Re: October Awards
    #9: From: Lyn Chernak <cherlyngsd@xxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Re: [amergsd] suggestions for weight gain
    #10:    From: " Oak Smith" <osmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Re: curiosity
    #11:    From: EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx
    #12:    From: EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx
    #13:    From: "Kay Reamensnyder" <bedkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Re: Roster

Msg: #1 in digest
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 08:20:17 -0500
From: "Laurie Pruett" <pruett@xxxxxxxxx>

>I'm abstaining. Maybe we should make it longer between judging the
>national and then we will get new faces. Ann

I agree with the longer intervals between judging assignments - both for =
nationals and futurities.  Let's spread things around a little. I believe =
the ASSA (sheltie parent club) has now gone to 7 year intervals for their =
national. =20

And, I also think it is very important to make sure that all members have =
the opportunity to vote on judges.  I do think that the outcome for next =
years judges could very well have been different if more Canadian votes =
had been counted.  It's time to go to electronic balloting, IMO.

Laurie Pruett

------------------------------

Msg: #2 in digest
From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 08:20:49 EST

In a message dated 11/9/2006 3:03:30 A.M. Central Standard Time,
cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
NOT for me, LOL!  I have a bitch that is eating twice a day,  nearly four
cups each feeding, she is parasite free and yet will not  gain weight. She is
a very active.  I have her on a good meat  based quality dog food. The fat
content is 20%, the highest I can  find.
Any suggestions?  Is there something I could add to her  food to help? I am
worried about her. Though she certainly acts fine,  has normal stools, etc,
etc. She just won't gain  weight.

Ginger Cleary, Rome, GA
Never underestimate the  ability of the hypocritical to hoodwink the

google  "satin balls" and try them.....guaranteed to put weight  on.
Molly

Trillia  German Shepherds since 1974
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont,  Life member CKC
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog  biscuits in your pocket
and then give him only two of  them>>>>Phil  Pastoret

------------------------------

Msg: #3 in digest
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 06:22:03 -0800 (PST)
From: Lyn Chernak <cherlyngsd@xxxxxxxxx>

Try the National Dog Registry .... Phone number is 1-800-NDR-DOGS.

  They have a huge data base and can usually find an owner with a partial
number
given.

  Is this dog about 8 yrs old?
  Lyn
  =====================
From: shephaven
Date: 2006/11/08 Wed AM 04:14:32 CST
To: mtmsc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, show gsd
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Tattoo Number on Dog

That is not a Canadian Tattoo
Wayne
From: BJBuie@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 09:23:56 EST

Another idea -- maybe the Intersex judges should be a separate category.
Then, dogs and bitches could be the same category with the higher vote getter
taking his/her choice as to which sex they prefer.
Betty Johnson
Tintagel

------------------------------

Msg: #5 in digest
From: CLOVERLEIFE@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 09:33:49 EST

In a message dated 11/9/2006 12:57:12 AM Eastern Standard Time,
InquestGSD@xxxxxxx writes:
That one person opened the door.  Not anyone  else.  That was
you, Helen.
THANK YOU FOR SAYING WHAT SO MANY OF US ARE THINKING.....I, FOR ONE, DONT
NEED ANY REMINDERS OF WHAT TRANSPIRED AT THE NATIONAL.....order your video as
it

speaks volumes.....natalie

CLOVERLEIFE HILL KENNELS
http://www.cloverleife.com/
CH Cloverleife's Firecracker - CH Cloverleife's Dimples
CH Cloverleife's Bit O' Honey - CH Cloverleife's Cappuccino
CH Carmil's Amadeus V Windywood

------------------------------

Msg: #6 in digest
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 06:39:38 -0800
From: Doris E <irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I found this interesting..... After I requested a replacement copy from
the AKC, they informed me they do not send replacements, but will extend
my subscription by one month.  How's that for great service <VBG> for
$89.00 a year?

Many thanks to Cecilia for sending me her copy. Doris E

------------------------------

Msg: #7 in digest
From: "PATRICIA WALKER" <TishWalker5@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 09:39:50 -0500

Now the current system, to work, none of the number one  or number two votes
can be counted for the Special's judge. I don't know if that

Board members bring the names of possible judges to the April Board meeting.
The Board then votes for 6 to be on the slate.  After that persons can run by
petition.

Tish

------------------------------

Msg: #8 in digest
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 06:56:54 -0800
From: Doris E <irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Doris E wrote:

> I found this interesting..... After I requested a replacement copy
> from the AKC, they informed me they do not send replacements, but will
> extend my subscription by one month.  How's that for great service
> <VBG> for $89.00 a year?
> Many thanks to Cecilia for sending me her copy. Doris E

------------------------------

Msg: #9 in digest
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 07:07:31 -0800 (PST)
From: Lyn Chernak <cherlyngsd@xxxxxxxxx>

Ginger,

  Have you had her checked out for EPI ? Below is a link to just one of the
many
sites on this topic.

  http://www.marvistavet.com/html/exocrine_pancreatic_insufficie.html

  Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (also called â??Maldigestionâ??)
  The most common cause of digestive enzyme deficiency in dogs is â??pancreatic
acinar atrophy,â?? where the pancreas simply is shriveled and useless. This
condition seems to have a genetic basis but is not congenital and may develop
at
any age (though usually shows up before age 4 years). The German Shepherd Dog
and Rough-Coated Collie are particularly at risk and the mode of inheretance
appears to be autosomal recessive and involves immune-mediated destruction of
the pancreas. About 70% of dogs with exocrine pancreatic insufficiency are
German Shepherd dogs and 20% are Rough Collies

  Lyn
Ginger Cleary <cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
            NOT for me, LOL!  I have a bitch that is eating twice a day, nearly
four cups each feeding, she is parasite free and yet will not gain weight. She
is a very active.  I have her on a good meat based quality dog food. The fat
content is 20%, the highest I can find.

  Any suggestions?  Is there something I could add to her food to help? I am
worried about her. Though she certainly acts fine, has normal stools, etc, etc.
She just won't gain weight.

  Ginger Cleary, Rome, GA
  Never underestimate the ability of the hypocritical to hoodwink the
sanctimonious. www.rihadin.com

__._,_.___   Messages in this topic (1) Reply (via web post) | Start a new
topic

Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to
Traditional

      Recent Activity

      1
  New Members

Visit Your Group

   Parks and recreation software
   German shepherd puppies
   German shepherd breeders
   German shepherd kennel
   German shepherd

      Business News
  Hot Headlines
  Get localized news
  for your area.

    Yahoo! Photos
  Share Your Photos
  via email & mobile

    Yahoo! 360°
  Start Sharing
  Your place online
  Blog & photos

  .

__,_._,___

Lyn Chernak ~ CherLyn Shepherds
A GSD for All Rings
http://hometown.aol.com/cherlyngsd/home.html

---------------------------------

------------------------------

Msg: #10 in digest
From: " Oak Smith" <osmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 19:57:19 -0700

Oak Ridge German Shepherds
Dedicated to the German Shepherd Dog
From: EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 10:23:14 EST

In a message dated 11/8/2006 10:18:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Stormy435@xxxxxxx writes:
You want  to judge the National?   Pick which class you  want

Everyone who runs on the ballot to judge the National wants to do  intersex.
Fred Migliore

------------------------------

Msg: #12 in digest
From: EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 10:27:25 EST

In a message dated 11/8/2006 10:33:52 PM Eastern Standard Time, VPREZHMF
writes:
That's the way it was for many years very simple . Fred--was that the  year
(1980) that I scolded you for not having a tie on to judge at the  National??
And it's been a running joke ever since--Ah memories  Helen  Miller Fisher

Yes, dear and I still have the tie it has Niagara falls on it. And its  still
like brand new haven't worn it since.lol
Fred

------------------------------

Msg: #13 in digest
From: "Kay Reamensnyder" <bedkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 07:59:59 -0800

It's not a matter of finding contact information........some of
us paid good money to have photos included in the roster.
If there is not going to be a new roster, I would like a refund.

Kay

---Kay Reamensnyder and Betty Doerpinghaus
---bedkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
---VISIT OUR WEBSITE:http://home.earthlink.net/~bedkar

> Whare is it
> Mary
> As we all know it is not out yet...but the most up to date roster,
including
> email address that you just double click and send are behind the GSDCA
members
> only wall.
> I use this one all the time its great, and yes the draw back is you need
> computer.
> Even when we get the paper roster I will continue to use the roster on
the
> GSDCA website and it is updated alot, last update was July, 2006..
>
> Patty Szymczak

> POST is Copyrighted 2006.  All material remains the property of the

> VISIT OUR WEBSITE - URL temporarily deleted due to AOL issues

End of showgsd-l Digest V3 #3159
AOL Mail and more.