  • From: fboese@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 12:55:33 -0400

The Blog Is GREAT !!!!!!!! I so enjoyed it as I couldn't go.. Evan , your
comments as always most enjoyable, and I do realize that they are just your
opinion and whether I agree or not....Please continue doing the
Blog.....Sincerely  Flo Boese ,"Bo-Hem Shepherds"
   ( and now back to lurking)

    #1: From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
        Subject: Re: Best Puppy/Best Opposite
    #2: From: "PATRICIA WALKER" <TishWalker5@xxxxxxx>
        Subject: Re: Review Editor contract
    #3: From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
    #4: From: joanne conboy <fellswayshepherds@xxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Herding Brag
    #5: From: pagairs@xxxxxxx
    #6: From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
    #7: From: pagairs@xxxxxxx
    #8: From: "PATRICIA WALKER" <TishWalker5@xxxxxxx>
        Subject: Re: Electronic Ballots
    #9: From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
        Subject: Re: Thoughts from a Newbie/ tiers (and tears)
    #10:    From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
    #11:    From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
    #12:    From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
    #13:    From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
    #14:    From: pagairs@xxxxxxx
    #15:    From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
        Subject: Re: The National Thread and personal attacks*

Msg: #1 in digest
From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 09:55:10 EDT

In a message dated 10/26/2006 9:24:22 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
helen@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
I was  instructed to judge all four puppies by the Show Superintendent.  I'm
glad I did.  I loved the little 6-9 bitch.  She has an amazing  future ahead.
 The 9-12 bitch was lovely in motion and won a deserving  Best of Winners.
Now, when I think about it, isn't it nice that both  little girls dogs got to
go home with an extra ribbon.
Helen

WHAT?  BOW?  When????

And, no, if a dog is ineligible, they're ineligible.  If not, lets  just
print up pretty ribbons and everyone could go home with some.  It  would be
"nice".

And  the SUPER?????  Someone from RAU made the call????   OMG!

Kathy
member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit _Pine  Hill German Shepherd Dogs_

------------------------------

Msg: #2 in digest
From: "PATRICIA WALKER" <TishWalker5@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 09:57:35 -0400

Were there changes in club policy that allow the =
editor to show dogs? =20
Laurie

Yes Laurie.  The Board voted to eliminate that policy from the P & P.  5 or 6
Board members voted against it.

Tish

------------------------------

Msg: #3 in digest
From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 09:58:00 EDT

In a message dated 10/26/2006 8:57:09 A.M. Central Standard Time,
Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx writes:
The 9-12 bitch was lovely in motion and won a deserving   Best of Winners.
Now, when I think about it, isn't it nice  that both  little girls dogs got
go home with an extra  ribbon.

She took RWB, not BOW
Molly
Trillia  German Shepherds since 1974
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont,  Life member CKC

------------------------------

Msg: #4 in digest
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 06:58:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: joanne conboy <fellswayshepherds@xxxxxxxxx>

Before we left for the national we went to the Herding Trials at Central Mass
on
Oct 14th & 15th.

  Our beautiful Shania earned her PT.  She is now Am & Can CH Fellsway Shania
Twain, OFA H & E, HIC, PT.

  What a great time we had and shania really came alive on sunday!  Boy the
sheep were pretty frisky...  You pretty much had to run in front of them
because
it seems they were in a rush to get somewhere!   Susan Sullivan had 5 PT
students and all past.  Great teacher!

  Shania is sired by Sel CH Riverdells Black Ice, OFA and her dam is CH
Fellsway
Meg Ryan OFA.

  Owners:  Jan Weatherbee and Joanne Conboy
  Breeders:  Joanne Conboy & Barbara & Frank Lopez

  We will start training for her HS next year.  It really is a lot of fun to
see
the dogs work naturally.

  Joanne Conboy                 fellswayshepherds@xxxxxxxxx

---------------------------------
starting at 1¢/min.

------------------------------

Msg: #5 in digest
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:02:12 -0400
From: pagairs@xxxxxxx

 Common sense would tell anyone that if the editor cannot participate in our
sport, then why should a seated board member be a judge, breeder or exhibitor.
Maybe our club should be run by those who have no idea about the breed or
sport...............

 Gary

From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:04:15 EDT

In a message dated 10/26/2006 9:02:12 A.M. Central Standard Time,  PAGAIRS
writes:
Common sense would tell anyone that if the editor cannot  participate in our
sport, then why should a seated board member be a  judge, breeder or
exhibitor. Maybe our club should be run by those who  have no idea about the
breed or
sport...............

Gary

A seated board member is not an employee, receives no  pay.  There is a
difference.
Molly

Trillia  German Shepherds since 1974
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont,  Life member CKC

------------------------------

Msg: #7 in digest
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:06:05 -0400
From: pagairs@xxxxxxx

 Not in the opinion of the Ad Hoc committee, which voted to remove the
condition, nor the majority of the board. We all know what they say about
opinions!

 Gary

          In a message dated 10/26/2006 9:02:12 A.M. Central Standard Time,
PAGAIRS writes:  Common sense would tell anyone that if the editor cannot
participate in our sport, then why should a seated board member be a judge,
breeder or exhibitor. Maybe our club should be run by those who have no idea
about the breed or sport...............

 Gary
    A seated board member is not an employee, receives no pay. There is a
difference.  Molly   Trillia German Shepherds since 1974
 Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont, Life member CKC

AOL Mail and more.

------------------------------

Msg: #8 in digest
From: "PATRICIA WALKER" <TishWalker5@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:08:05 -0400

Cyndy Davis Stated:  I am a member of several professional organizations, and
all use electronic
ballots for voting.
An email address is not necessary. For those without email addresses, a
letter is sent to the member with instructions for voting, and an individual
code/password to identify them to the website.

I think this system was used when the survey of the membership was done a
couple
years ago on National show sites, dates, etc., etc.  That seemed to have worked
pretty well.

Tish

------------------------------

Msg: #9 in digest
From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:09:21 EDT

In a message dated 10/25/2006 7:10:10 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
dir@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
THANK  YOU SYD. I made friends with a newbie--sort of--in the last 2 years.
She  has finished a beautiful bitch this year which I supported and has a
STAR  dog that did a biggie at the National this year--I supported.
Seems  interests are different at this point.  Kinda makes you feel bad--ya
know.  Sandi

Sandi,
Ken and I feel your pain, lol..We went through the same over the last  couple
of years, supporting and working our butts off to help someone that  wanted
to "go to the top" , and did, in very short order.  This year we saw  the real
intent, and lack of give a damn about the dog, and the social status at  any
cost ....still digging the dagger out from our shoulder blades. I would not
wish such an experience on anyone like the one we have had, live and  learn.
Fortunately there are not too many "use you and lose you" types and lot of
really good people out there...and although a bit more careful now, we still
enjoy watching someone we are supportive of, and loyal to, rise to the  top.
It is one of the greatest pleasure in dog showing.   I love  to watch good
people and good friends win.

Kathy

------------------------------

Msg: #10 in digest
From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:10:15 EDT

In a message dated 10/26/2006 9:06:06 A.M. Central Standard Time,  PAGAIRS
writes:
Not in the opinion of the Ad Hoc committee, which voted to remove  the
condition, nor the majority of the board. We all know what they say  about
opinions!

Gary

Differences of opinions are the strengths of each organization.   If everyone
agreed all the time there would be no need for the democratic  process.  It
is always good to hear all and consider it.
Molly

Trillia  German Shepherds since 1974
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont,  Life member CKC

------------------------------

Msg: #11 in digest
From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:12:05 EDT

In a message dated 10/26/2006 7:08:17 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx writes:
A seated  board member is not an employee, receives no  pay.  There is a
difference.
Molly

Really don't see the problem here, Folks.   I thought we already  watched our
WONDERFUL Review Editor be crucified a few months  ago????    Don't you
people get enough?

Kathy

------------------------------

Msg: #12 in digest
From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:13:08 EDT

In a message dated 10/26/2006 9:09:17 A.M. Central Standard Time,
TishWalker5@xxxxxxx writes:
think this system was used when the survey of the membership was  done a
couple years ago on National show sites, dates, etc., etc.   That seemed to
have

worked pretty well.

It was used along with mail in ballots for those that did not  have
computers.  It appeared to be the way to go, getting responses  back in a
timely

fashion.  I could be wrong but I think more people  were involved in it than
the

voting process.   Perhaps we could  even get a higher percentage of members
having input.
Molly

Trillia  German Shepherds since 1974
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont,  Life member CKC

------------------------------

Msg: #13 in digest
From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:16:37 EDT

In a message dated 10/26/2006 9:14:07 A.M. Central Standard Time,
Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx writes:

Really don't see the problem here, Folks.   I  thought we already  watched
our
WONDERFUL Review Editor be  crucified a few months  ago????    Don't you
people  get enough?

Kathy

A question was asked and answered....wherein lies the  problem?  This is not
personal, it is about procedure.
Molly

Trillia  German Shepherds since 1974
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont,  Life member CKC

------------------------------

Msg: #14 in digest
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:17:04 -0400
From: pagairs@xxxxxxx

 Couldn't agree more.

 Gary

        In a message dated 10/26/2006 9:06:06 A.M. Central Standard Time,
PAGAIRS writes:   Not in the opinion of the Ad Hoc committee, which voted to
remove the condition, nor the majority of the board. We all know what they say
about opinions!

 Gary  Differences of opinions are the strengths of each organization. If
everyone agreed all the time there would be no need for the democratic process.
It is always good to hear all and consider it. Molly   Trillia German Shepherds
since 1974
 Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont, Life member CKC

AOL Mail and more.

------------------------------

Msg: #15 in digest
From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:17:42 EDT

In a message dated 10/25/2006 10:17:41 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Kay is  right.
Evan, you should know better!  Anyone who  complains about the blog
is equal to the people who complain when they  lose at a show...tell them
to go and fry ice.
When we can't be there,  the blog is the highlight of our days ... when
we ARE there, we come home  and read the blog to see what we missed.  If
you need more help with  it, I'm sure you'll have volunteers elbow
deep...and anyone who doesn't  appreciate the effort you put into the
blog should just take a long walk  off a short pier...
(I'm full of trite sayings tonite)........I can't  imagine what they have
to complain about, but there are always going to be  those  who complain
because they wake up in the morning, I'm  sure...  Don't let those
naysayers spoil it for those of us who love  the blog!  Poop on
them...!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot imagine anyone complaining about the blog.....good  grief.   Bah
Humbug.
If they don't want to read it then they have the option of just going to  the
PC website and gettng results, "just the facts, ma'am".
Part of the charm and attraction of the Blog is the spontaneity and the  "you
are there" feel to it.  Part of the charm is also sometime the  irreverent
humor, albeit very subtle.   Evan, I wouldn't change a damn  thing.  You and
Dania do a great job.  It is a lifeline for people  staying at home, and those
who are psuedo offended ( by what I cannot imagine)  can just NOT READ IT.

The blog is great...and sooo appreciated by so many.

Kathy

End of showgsd-l Digest V3 #2957
AOL Mail and more.