  • From: "Susan Gionfriddo" <gsheps@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 17:22:34 -0500

The sad fact is that we still have a division of breeders in our club as far as
German bred vs American bred. We have to realize that if you have a German bred
dog or an  American bred dog the same problems can crop up: bad hips, ligaments
or spinal problems. etc. etc. As a breeder of Am-bred lines, I will concede and
state that I don't see that the German lines have as many problems with loose
ligaments....what their problems are- or at least what it looks like to me, in
my humble opinion, is the painfully "in my observance" of overly strong backs
that they are called and well-known as "roached backs" or at times called
"banana backs" and that the roach back "appears" to restrict movement...I can't
see for the life of me where dogs that are so roached in the back and so
restricted in reach and drive can possibly herd sheep all day without tiring.
And also, that there seems to be no suspension in their movement and no relief
in their movements to make them go all day long. Therein lies the problem: If a
dog has the mental capacity to make itself do its job...say herding, for
instance, it will do it -beyond the fact it is so tired out -bodily. If the
dog's mind is driven to work, it will do it beyond its own capabilities-as far
as correct or in-correct structure is concerned... it is the will do to its job
despite the so-called standards of any country in regard to our beloved breed.
And yes, I do realize that sheep are not trotting around willy-nilly, non-stop,
all day long. So there a many times our beloved breed can lay down and take a
break. I guess in the end is what I am trying to say is pit your best American
Bred GSD against your best German Bred GSD and make sure they have the EXACT
same mind and mental drive and let us see what happens!
  Cc: gsheps@xxxxxxx<about:blank> ; showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<about:blank>
  #1: From: Robert Neiman <bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx>>
  Subject: Re: DR. Michael Fox
  #2: From: Gail BAUMAN <gailbauman1@xxxxxxx<mailto:gailbauman1@xxxxxxx>>
  #3: From: "Doc Zoe" <wynsum@xxxxxxx<mailto:wynsum@xxxxxxx>>
  Subject: DR FOX
  #4: From: "Susan Gionfriddo" <gsheps@xxxxxxx<mailto:gsheps@xxxxxxx>>
  Subject: Re: Disturbing New Article

  Msg: #1 in digest
  Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 11:10:28 -0800 (PST)
  From: Robert Neiman <bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx>>

  The following was all I needed to read to determine his whacko status.

  Fox joined HSUS in 1976, and is a director of an HSUS affiliate called
  the Center for Respect of Life and Environment.

  Bob Neiman / Walled Lake, Mich.
  Breeder/owner of UKC GR Ch.B'N'B-Barkalot's Cherish RN
  Co-owner of UKC ChSandyCreek-B'N'B-WC's Christmas Star AKA Echo
  Co-owner of Ketlyn's Black Widow

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #2 in digest
  From: Gail BAUMAN <gailbauman1@xxxxxxx<mailto:gailbauman1@xxxxxxx>>
  Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 13:15:29 -0600

  Oh why stop there?  Let's go to Dog World and any of the other 'main stream'
publications and put something in them??  I agree - we've taken so much
'bashing' in our breed and I have seen very few 'collective' rebuttals - mostly
what I have seen is done by an individual here or there - 'course, might be
because I live out in the middle of nowhere (LOL!) but why are we, as the
GSDCA, NOT doing more 'public' educating of the public?

  Gail Bauman
  Liebchen German Shepherds
  Home of 2008 SEL EX CH Liebchen's Boogie Wonderland, OFA EX
  www.liebchenkennels.com<http://www.liebchenkennels.com/>
  WE HAVE HAYLEE PUPPIES!!

http://www.activistcash.com/biography.cfm/bid/3365<http://www.activistcash.com/biography.cfm/bid/3365>

  > Michael W. Fox
  > Biography Michael W. Fox is senior scholar at the Humane Society of
  > the United States, the world's richest animal-rights organization,
  > which poses as an animal-welfare organization. Fox is widely known as
  > the syndicated columnist of "Ask Your Animal Doctor," which appears
  > weekly is over 120 newspapers nationwide. But he holds extreme views
  > on the relationship between humans and animals.
  > Fox is a veterinarian who was born and educated in England. He is the
  > author of more than 40 books, including Eating with Conscience: The
  > Bioethics of Food. He and his wife founded the India Project for
  > Animals and Nature (IPAN) and its sanctuary, Hill View Farm Animal
  > Refuge. Using the picture of one of the refuge's animals, IPAN
  > proclaims, "This sanctuary donkey will never experience the cruel fate
  > of being sold into hard labor like other sanctuary donkeys before our
  > arrival."
  >
  > Fox joined HSUS in 1976, and is a director of an HSUS affiliate called
  > the Center for Respect of Life and Environment. Former HSUS CEO John
  > Hoyt said the Center was created "to let Dr. Fox direct some of his
  > views in a channel that was an arm's length removed from the HSUS."
  >
  > What are those controversial views about which Hoyt was so concerned?
  > Fox holds the radical view that humans and animals have the same moral
  > standing. "We are not superior. There are no clear distinctions
  > between us and animals," Fox once told Washingtonian magazine. In his
  > book The Inhumane Society, Fox's opines: "The life of an ant and that
  > of my child should be granted equal consideration."
  >

  > Background Senior Scholar, Humane Society of the United States;
  > syndicated columnist of "Ask Your Animal Doctor"
  > On Dec 6, 2009, at 10:21 AM, Lindenhill German Shepherds wrote:
  >
  > > Well folks, I am livid. If you have an opportunity to look at Dr.
  > > Fox's recent column he discusses GSD'S and essentially blames the
  > > condition being asked about on American Breds. Gotta tell ya, time
  > > for a letter writting campaign to those that have picked up his
  > > column. He is nationally syndiicated, ex VP national HS
  > > Here it is:
  > >
  > > Dear Dr. Fox:

===========================================================================>
POST is Copyrighted 2009. All material remains the property of the original
author and of GSD Comm
  > unication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of any kind are permitted
without prior permission of
  > the original author AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WH
  > ICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO
THE POST AND THE LIST MAN
  > AGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF
THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PR

admin@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>.

http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/<http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/>

===========================================================================>

===========================================================================>
POST is Copyrighted 2009. All material remains the property of the original

  > For assistance, please contact the List Management at
admin@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>.

  > VISIT OUR WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org<http://showgsd.org/>
  > NATIONAL BLOG -
http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/<http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/>

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #3 in digest
  From: "Doc Zoe" <wynsum@xxxxxxx<mailto:wynsum@xxxxxxx>>
  Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 14:17:32 -0500

  We need articles written on Dr Fox and sent to the GSD REVIEW and any other
  magazines/newsletter that people have access to

  I know the Cardi Publication editor is on the list

  We need to educate the public that this man's vet advice is slanted towards
his PETAPHILE
  affiliations and might just be detrimental to the animals well-being

  These articles can be posted on Kennel websites as well

  Writing to him will fall on deaf ears

  Doc Zoe
  Wynsum http://wynsumgsd.com<http://wynsumgsd.com/>

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #4 in digest
  From: "Susan Gionfriddo" <gsheps@xxxxxxx<mailto:gsheps@xxxxxxx>>
  Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 14:20:04 -0500

  I would like to share a disturbing news article that has the bold heading:
Breeding cripples German shepherds
  I can't believe it, I just saw on The List that this article was out! But I
will still send what I was just starting to write for The List and my own two
cents...

  The article, which I will write here word for word, appeared in the Sunday
Republican, a Western Massachusetts newspaper, on Nov. 29. 2009. A friend of
mine who owns Cairns saved it for me to read. It is a Sunday Q and A column
called Animal Doctor and is written by a Dr. Michael Fox.  Here is the article
with German Shepherd Dog (typically misspelled) and I am only writing that so
you all know that I know our breed is the German Shepherd Dog, not the German
shepherd, German Shepard, or German shepard and that I am just writing verbatim
what was in the article. Here we go! -

  Q. We have lost two precious, wonderful, beautiful German shepherds,
apparently due to health problems. Both dogs suffered crippling hind-leg
deterioration. In both cases, the overall strength in their hind legs and lower
back appeared to simply give out. One of them had gotten to the point where he
couldn't walk at all. Is there any way we can prevent this from happening to
future German shepherds? Or is the species simply doomed?-G.W.B., Clinton, Md.

  A. If you go to Germany, you will see what the standards are before anyone
with a registered German shepherd is permitted to breed the dog and sell any of
the puppies as certified offspring. What American breeders have done to this
superb breed is one of the greatest tragedies of the past century (I bolded
this for impact to you readers)- selectively breeding dogs with sharply sloping
hindquarters as a desirable breed standard. In actuality, they created
weak-legged dogs prone to hip and spinal problems. In Germany, the breed club
is not permitted to breed a dog like that and sell the pups. I will never
forget seeing a pathetic- but otherwise healthy and spirited- American-bred
German-shepherd pup of 16 weeks dragging and flapping his deformed hindquarters
as he tried to play with my dogs in the local park. At least he had been
neutered.

  Dr. Fox concluded his answer with several remedies to the situation of the
questioner, such as herbal remedies, acupuncture, etc.

  This is me now writing:  I would like to write a article in rebuttal to what
Dr. Fox has written, or better yet or even both, invite Dr. Fox to my small
kennel and enlighten him into reality. If anyone is interested inalso writing
Dr. Fox I will find out and relay to you how to write to him. I am assuming
that the question was edited because there was nothing mentioned that the dogs
spoken about in the question were in fact, American-bred, but Dr. Fox goes on
to answer the question by stating only what American breeders have done to our
breed. I won't go into the big forever going on debate here, as we all know
that there will always be the American vs German controversy, i.e. ski-slopes
vs. banana backs. I have been breeding German Shepherd Dogs since 1986, all
with American lines, with the exception of one breeding to a German sire. I
have, for the most part, been overall very pleased with having had very few
health problems with the American lines I have chosen to use. We
   will all get problems, the longer we breed. It is what we choose to do with
the problems, as in, if they are too intense to deal with- we will kick out
that line from our breeding program. Or, if it is only one or two puppies
afflicted and the overall quality of the breeding/sire/ dam/ might make me
decide to keep the line and try to breed out the undesirable characteristics. I
think for the most part, over the years, I have seen a definite decrease in
over-angulated, "egg-beater" type of rears which are the result of ligament
problems, not hips. A novice or uninformed person will usually assume that
loose ligaments indicates that a dog or puppy must have bad hips.  Perhaps the
improvements in our breed made in the way of loose ligaments are mostly due to
judges demanding clean coming and going in the German Shepherd Dogs-and rightly
so, and also credit is due to the breeders themselves, of course, making
improvements to their programs. We all know that puppies can have a lo
   t of angles and look a little strange to those not familiar to our breed and
that those puppies tighten up their ligaments and lose the excess angles with
age- the ones that keep too extreme angles and never tighten up in ligaments
and are in fact, looking "weird" are what we want to stay clear of. But again,
many of these dogs prove out to have good hips and no spine problems- but we do
not want to see this "problem" overly done in our pups and certainly not in our
adults. Those are separate issues- meaning again, loose ligaments do not
automatically mean bad hips or spine problems. I may be going a little off
topic, but I have seen and groomed a number of Standard Bred Poodles and often
have wondered why, with their extreme angle of lower thigh, that there is no
controversy there-or maybe there is? I don't know because I don't breed
Standard Poodles and I have never spoken to a breeder of Standard Poodles to
ask if they have the same problems or comments about extreme angl
   es... e.g. Are novices that might like Standard Poodles or the uninformed
that like Standard Poodles asking why these poodles "look weird" because of
their extreme angulation that they also must all have bad hips?  The one thing
I have seen, is that despite the extreme rear angle in the Standard Poodle, I
have never seen one to date that was not clean going away or had loose
ligaments, resulting in the wobbling, egg-beater look of some German Shepherd
Dog puppies, and unfortunately some adult GSD's.  The Standard Poodle does not
move with a top line angle, like we li ke to see in our German As I have
previously stated, I think we GSD breeders have made great strides (no pun
intended) to clean up our rears, I could throw in another pun here, but I
won't. What I am saying is that I think the breeder today is aware that there
is no need to compromise movement coming and going for extreme movement from
the side. In the end, we all need to keep reading our standard and keep breed
   ing with it in mind. And also educating our judges as to what our standard
is.
    #1: From: "pmick12"
<pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx%3Cmailto:pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>>>
    Subject: Integrity.........this is good!
    #2: From: "Doc Zoe"
<wynsum@xxxxxxx<mailto:wynsum@xxxxxxx<mailto:wynsum@xxxxxxx%3Cmailto:wynsum@xxxxxxx>>>
    Subject: Mo update.  8:30 AM
    #3: From: Sandy Staack
<s_dstaack@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:s_dstaack@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:s_dstaack@xxxxxxxxx%3Cmailto:s_dstaack@xxxxxxxxx>>>
    Subject: coat factor
    #4: From: Robert Neiman
<bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx%3Cmailto:bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx>>>
    Subject: Re: coat factor
    #5: From: "Carolyn Martello"
<marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx%3Cmailto:marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>>
    Subject: Fw: LONG COAT factor
    #6: From:
Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx<mailto:Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx<mailto:Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx%3Cmailto:Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx>>
    Subject: Mo is Out of Surgery
    #7: From: "WEBMASTER"
<webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx%3Cmailto:webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx>>>
    Subject: Mo update.  11:30
    #8: From: "Doc Zoe"
<wynsum@xxxxxxx<mailto:wynsum@xxxxxxx<mailto:wynsum@xxxxxxx%3Cmailto:wynsum@xxxxxxx>>>
    Subject: Re: Mo update.  10:23
    #9: From:
pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx<mailto:pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx<mailto:pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx%3Cmailto:pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>>
    #10: From: Mary Ward
<mlward@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:mlward@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:mlward@xxxxxxxxxx%3Cmailto:mlward@xxxxxxxxxx>>>
    Subject: Mo Murkland
    #11: From:
Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx<mailto:Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx<mailto:Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx%3Cmailto:Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx>>
    Subject: any just get the latest bulletin from GSDCA?
    #12: From:
TISHW@xxxxxxx<mailto:TISHW@xxxxxxx<mailto:TISHW@xxxxxxx%3Cmailto:TISHW@xxxxxxx>>
    Subject: Re: any just get the latest bulletin from GSDCA?
    #13: From:

    From: "pmick12"
<pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx%3Cmailto:pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>>>
    Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 11:34:11 -0500

    We all need to read this...every one on the list who breeds or is involved
    with breeders or with purebred dogs........

http://disparateinterests.wordpress.com/2009/12/01/integrity-how-i-can-be-a-purebred-dog-fancier-a-humane-activist/<http://disparateinterests.wordpress.com/2009/12/01/integrity-how-i-can-be-a-purebred-dog-fancier-a-humane-activist/<http://disparateinterests.wordpress.com/2009/12/01/integrity-how-i-can-be-a-purebred-dog-fancier-a-humane-activist/%3Chttp://disparateinterests.wordpress.com/2009/12/01/integrity-how-i-can-be-a-purebred-dog-fancier-a-humane-activist/>>

    ------------------------------

    Msg: #2 in digest
    From: "Doc Zoe"
<wynsum@xxxxxxx<mailto:wynsum@xxxxxxx<mailto:wynsum@xxxxxxx%3Cmailto:wynsum@xxxxxxx>>>
    Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 11:43:06 -0500

    FROM Pat Evans

    Amy just texted me, they are getting ready to take Mo into surgery.   She
    has not talked to the surgeon yet.  One thing they will do, is relieve the
    pressure in her intestines.  Will update as I get more info.  Thanks
    everyone for the prayers!  Hopefully Bullwinkle will take his first points
    today at the Houston show-that will make Mo real happy!
    Doc Zoe
    Wynsum
http://wynsumgsd.com<http://wynsumgsd.com/<http://wynsumgsd.com%3chttp//wynsumgsd.com/>>

    ------------------------------

    Msg: #3 in digest
    Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 08:47:01 -0800 (PST)
    From: Sandy Staack
<s_dstaack@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:s_dstaack@xxxxxxxxx><mailto:s_dstaack@xxxxxxxxx%3E>>

    I have a question I need an answer to. Can anyone tell me how to go about
getting a dog tested for the coat factor. And what is the approximate charge.
Never done this before. Thanks in advance Sandy Staack
    Donsta Shepherds
    ***We have puppies***

    ------------------------------

    Msg: #4 in digest
    Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 09:07:38 -0800 (PST)
    From: Robert Neiman
<bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx%3Cmailto:bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx>>>

    Three ways
    #1 Breed him to a normal coat who does(by virtue of producing coats in the
past)carry coat gene.
    #2 Breed him to a long coat
    #3 Order the kit and pay OFA to do it not sure on the cost.
    Personally I'd breed him and take my chances on getting coats.

    Bob Neiman / Walled Lake, Mich.
    Breeder/owner of UKC GR Ch.B'N'B-Barkalot's Cherish RN
    Co-owner of UKC ChSandyCreek-B'N'B-WC's Christmas Star AKA Echo
    Co-owner of Ketlyn's Black Widow

    --- On Sat, 12/5/09, Sandy Staack

    From: Sandy Staack
<s_dstaack@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:s_dstaack@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:s_dstaack@xxxxxxxxx%3Cmailto:s_dstaack@xxxxxxxxx>>>
    Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] coat factor
    To:
showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx%3Cmailto:showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
    Date: Saturday, December 5, 2009, 11:47 AM

    I have a question I need an answer to. Can anyone tell me how to go about
getting a dog tested for the coat factor. And what is the approximate charge.
Never done this before. Thanks in advance Sandy Staack
    Donsta Shepherds
    ***We have puppies***

is Copyrighted 2009. All material remains the property of the original author
Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

    For assistance, please contact the List Management at
admin@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx%3Cmailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>>.

    VISIT OUR WEBSITE -
http://showgsd.org<http://showgsd.org/<http://showgsd.org%3chttp//showgsd.org/>>
    NATIONAL BLOG -
http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/<http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/<http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/%3Chttp://gsdnational.blogspot.com/>>

    ------------------------------

    Msg: #5 in digest
    From: "Carolyn Martello"
    Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 09:45:20 -0800

    Hi Sandy;
    Try this web site below that Melissa gave me.
    It is just SO MUCH EASIER.
    Even if you breed your dog to a bitch that has produced coats.....you still
won't really KNOW for sure
    and in my opinion....looking around for a coated bitch that is "right" for
him is not always simple.
    This is simple and you KNOW the answer if someone inquires.
    We did this with our Cowboy and knew shortly that he did not carry the coat
factor.
    Just TOO EASY not to........<G>

http://www.vetdnacenter.com/canine-long-hair-test.html<http://www.vetdnacenter.com/canine-long-hair-test.html<http://www.vetdnacenter.com/canine-long-hair-test.html%3Chttp://www.vetdnacenter.com/canine-long-hair-test.html>>

    Carolyn
marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx%3Cmailto:marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

www.Marhaven.com<http://www.marhaven.com/<http://www.marhaven.com%3chttp//www.marhaven.com/>>

    Three ways

    From: Sandy Staack
<s_dstaack@xxxxxxxxx>Subject<mailto:s_dstaack@xxxxxxxxx%3ESubject<mailto:s_dstaack@xxxxxxxxx%3ESubject%3Cmailto:s_dstaack@xxxxxxxxx%3ESubject>>:
 [ SHOWGSD-L ] coat factor
    To:
 Date: Saturday, December 5, 2009, 11:47 AM

    I have a question I need an answer to. Can anyone tell me how to go about
getting a dog tested for the coat factor.
    And what is the approximate charge. Never done this before. Thanks in
advance Sandy Staack
    Donsta Shepherds

    ------------------------------

    Msg: #6 in digest
    From:
Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx<mailto:Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx<mailto:Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx%3Cmailto:Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx>>
    Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 12:49:50 EST

    and doing OK, according to Pete.  They found a 3mm hole in her intestine
    and have resected.  She will be heavily sedated today and they expect she
will
    have to stay one entire month in the hospital to clean everything up, and
    then approx. 6 months with home health care and mending time.   We almost
    lost her, but it looks like all of your prayers have been heard.
        If any of you want to send cards, etc., she is in Scott & White
    Memorial Hospital
    So. 31st Street, Temple, Texas  76501.  I don't have a room number as she
    is still in ICU.

    Jamie

    ------------------------------

    Msg: #7 in digest
    From: "WEBMASTER"
<webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx%3Cmailto:webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx>>>
    Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 13:03:06 -0500

    From Pat Evans:

    Out of surgery.  She had a 2" hole in her collan, which has been repaired.
     (That was the reason she was septic-fluid was leaking out).  Per Amy, at
    this point they think she will be in the hospital for a month, then rehab.
    The Showgsd-l Administration

http://showgsd.org<http://showgsd.org/<http://showgsd.org%3chttp//showgsd.org/>>
    Email Changes:
http://showgsd.org/mail.html<http://showgsd.org/mail.html<http://showgsd.org/mail.html%3Chttp://showgsd.org/mail.html>>
    Admin:
admin@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx%3Cmailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
    ANNOUNCE NEW LITTERS:
http://showgsd.org/goodlitterbox.html<http://showgsd.org/goodlitterbox.html<http://showgsd.org/goodlitterbox.html%3Chttp://showgsd.org/goodlitterbox.html>>
    THE NATIONAL BLOG
http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/<http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/<http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/%3Chttp://gsdnational.blogspot.com/>>
    NOTO BENE: DOC ZOE is not a voting member of the Admin Panel

    ------------------------------

    Msg: #8 in digest
    From: "Doc Zoe"
<wynsum@xxxxxxx<mailto:wynsum@xxxxxxx<mailto:wynsum@xxxxxxx%3Cmailto:wynsum@xxxxxxx>>>
    Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 13:03:17 -0500

    Pat Evans wrote:

    Mo is in surgery. Surgery going well, per that update.  Bullwinkle ready
    to go in the ring, shortly.  He reminds me so much of Spunky, just laying
    around, waiting for his turn!

    Doc Zoe
    Wynsum
http://wynsumgsd.com<http://wynsumgsd.com/<http://wynsumgsd.com%3chttp//wynsumgsd.com/>>

    ------------------------------

    Msg: #9 in digest
    From:
pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx<mailto:pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx<mailto:pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx%3Cmailto:pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>>
    Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 13:30:47 EST

    Vet-gen sells the kit direct...about $50.

    Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
    visit _http://www.pinehillgsds.com/_
(http://www.pinehillgsds.com/<http://www.pinehillgsds.com/<http://www.pinehillgsds.com/%3Chttp://www.pinehillgsds.com/>>)

    In a message dated 12/5/2009 12:08:20 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx%3Cmailto:bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx>>

    Three  ways
    #1 Breed him to a normal coat who does(by virtue  of producing coats in the
    past)carry coat gene.
    #2 Breed him to a long  coat
    #3 Order the kit and pay OFA to do it not sure on the cost.
    Personally I'd breed him and take my chances on getting coats.

    Bob  Neiman / Walled Lake, Mich.
    Breeder/owner of UKC GR Ch.B'N'B-Barkalot's  Cherish RN
    Co-owner of UKC ChSandyCreek-B'N'B-WC's Christmas Star AKA  Echo
    Co-owner of Ketlyn's Black Widow

    --- On Sat, 12/5/09, Sandy  Staack

    From: Sandy Staack
<s_dstaack@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:s_dstaack@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:s_dstaack@xxxxxxxxx%3Cmailto:s_dstaack@xxxxxxxxx>>>
    To:

    Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 11:04:48 -0800 (PST)
    From: Mary Ward
<mlward@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:mlward@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:mlward@xxxxxxxxxx%3Cmailto:mlward@xxxxxxxxxx>>>

    Amy and all the family and friends of Mo please tell her she is in my
prayers. Mo you just have to know how much you mean to the members of the GSD
community. Especially the ones on "Da List".. You are in our thoughts and
prayers for a speedy recovery. God Bless you Mo. Mary L Ward

    ------------------------------

    Msg: #11 in digest
    From:
Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx<mailto:Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx<mailto:Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx%3Cmailto:Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx>>
    Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 14:07:40 EST

    Just wanted to thank Tish for doing such a good job of  letting the
    membership know all the things we ask about.    Information is the highway
and I
    prefer paved roads!    LOL

    Molly

    Trillia German Shepherds  since 1972 ph 409-287-3940
    Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont  (recording secretary), Life member
    CKC
    "We find comfort among those who  agree with us - growth among those who
    don't".
    ..Frank A  Clark

    ------------------------------

    Msg: #12 in digest
    From:
TISHW@xxxxxxx<mailto:TISHW@xxxxxxx<mailto:TISHW@xxxxxxx%3Cmailto:TISHW@xxxxxxx>>
    Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 14:10:18 EST

    Unfortunately, the road may be slippery and have some snow on it!!  At
    least up here it does.

    Tish

    In a message dated 12/5/2009 2:08:39 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

 writes:
    Information is the highway and I
    prefer paved roads!     LOL

    ------------------------------

    Msg: #13 in digest
    From:
Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx<mailto:Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx<mailto:Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx%3Cmailto:Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx>>
    Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 14:11:41 EST

    In a message dated 12/5/2009 1:10:18 P.M. Central Standard Time,  TISHW
    writes:
    Unfortunately, the road may be slippery and have some snow on  it!!  At
    least up here it does.

    But the good thing is...nothing lasts forever.   Enjoy the white
    stuff....our is long gone!

    Molly

    Trillia German Shepherds  since 1972 ph 409-287-3940
    Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont  (recording secretary), Life member
    CKC
    "We find comfort among those who  agree with us - growth among those who
    don't".
    ..Frank A  Clark

    End of showgsd-l Digest V3 #2855

  End of showgsd-l Digest V3 #2860