  • From: Culzeans1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 11:41:09 EST

Ok, I have been watching this thread for a while and I am new to this. I
have found thru this list a wealth of information that was not given to me when

I asked people personally. Never were breeders or lines attacked or names
sullied. Just advice on where to look and what to look for, so if a particular
line I was interested in or already involved in had health problems that they
either didn't know or forgot about or what ever. I am finding people who breed
 to be generally very open and honest about their lines. It has been a
tremendous  help for me, as I ventured into the showing / breeding arena. I am
learning  where and how to look at pedigrees.
I want to say thanks to all who have been more than willing to share info
and not attacks, pointed me in the right direction for breeding and what to
look
 for and what to discount, just everything.
I started this list knowing I had read, researched and read some more,
thinking I was pretty darn smart just to find out, the more I learn the  more I
realize I need to learn more. I am humbled, yet confident that I am not
stupid,
and I have developed a thicker skin, appreciate an honest evaluation of  my
breeding stock and welcome knowledge from those of you who have been doing
this
much much longer than I have and yet are willing to share your knowledge.
Thank you to all and Evan is right with the knowledge we gleen from your
expertise, I for one know that I will continue on with an ethical and honest
breeding program that will be aimed toward benefiting the breed we all  love.
Sorry this is so long
Pam

In a message dated 1/30/2009 9:51:28 P.M. Central Standard Time,
Msg: #4  in digest
From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 22:45:13  EST
Subject: Today's news

In a message dated 1/30/2009 1:22:05 P.M.  Pacific Standard Time,
Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx writes:
My list   of ethical breeders keeps getting smaller and smaller.

very sad  that,  being relatively new to this, you feel that way and have not

spent the  time to find out differently.  but, if that's the  case for you,
best
that you don't breed.

My list of  good breeders gets bigger and bigger. The new breeders  have all
the  tools we have gathered over the years, lists of dogs with problems,
lines
with histories, and the help of those who have gone ahead.  I  find  the new
breeders to be ethical and honest, and with the best  interest of the  breed
in
mind.

Not that there is anything  wrong with that. It is a good thing.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard  German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament  come  together