  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 16:51:53 EDT

In a message dated 10/4/2006 4:13:55 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx writes:
KATHY:    I have been advised to go to the   GDSCA.ORG  Wesbite and  go to
Policy and  Procedure  Manual and look at Pages  68 & 69  for that
information..
I  haven't had time yet, myself, to look it up, but thought I'd share it..
Barb Williams

I did this AM Barb and I cut and pasted the entire sections in a previous
post.  Unless this fellow wasn't in good standing w/ the AKC, (and I did a
quick search of suspensions on THEIR site and as I suspected, there are none),
unless there was some record of fines and punishments from authorities that the

Board could cite as a reason to withhold membership approval, (and I read
every  word of the link Peggy sent and there are none in her information), the
way I  read the by-laws, I don't see a way to deny membership.

You have to be sooooo careful today.  I know this is a passionate  issue, but
we live in a litigious society.  We wrote the rules (i.e. club  by-laws).  We
can either change or abide by them, but lets not throw darts  at out board
members IF, by playing by the rules we all have an opportunity to  shape, they
have no cause to deny membership.

There's nothing in our by-laws that defines "responsible".  Our  breeders'
code of ethics (no fault of Jamie's) doesn't have a lot of teeth to  it, nor is
it mandatory to sign to become a member. It would be an uphill battle  to put
teeth in our code, to set minimum/maximum ages for breeding a particular  dog,
mandatory hip/elbow or other health certifications, open health data  bases,
number of litters per year  per breeder or per the lifetime of a  particular
dog....(and, yes, there are clubs that do this, I sent Jamie a web  page w/
links to other clubs' codes a while back)....so....here we are.

Kathy
member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit _Pine  Hill German Shepherd Dogs_