  • From: Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx
  • To: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 17:06:44 EDT

g In a message dated 9/27/2006 5:37:03 PM Pacific Standard Time,

The simplest thing is that the ARistas, the advocates of Animal Rights,
believe that animals (dogs, chickens, snakes, rats, any animal) are the equal
of
humans. They do not believe in breeding animals, eating animals, using animals,
owning animals, or controlling animals at all...that is the core of their
belief system. Yes, they have some understandable goals, such as humane
treatment
of animals, etc., which we all believe...but the overall goal is one that
would have no animals owned by anyone, just left to their own devices to
propagate
at will, not under the guidance of "breeders," which are universally
condemned by ARistas.......some of the organizations have as their ultimate
goal the
end of eating meat or dairy products at all...in their view we should all be
vegans...it's all available on the internet, and some of the quotations from
their crazy leaders are famous (infamous?)...the Animal Liberation Front, which
is another well-known AR organization, is known to the US Govt as a terrorist
organization, for example...the AROs don't even care if there are cures found
for diseases such as AIDS or cancer, if it means that animals are used in the
research. To them, all research is vivisection......... the ARistas say just
enough sensible things to attract reasonable people (and money)...but just
google HSUS, or PETA, or some of the other groups, or just "Animal Rights
Movement," and see what turns up. They are very well organized, and sucker in
the ill
informed who think they are doing something great...they are not. They don't
believe animals can be "owned," that's where the term "guardian" crops up. I
hate to tell you, but as much as I love my dogs and Kilmausky, they are
animals...not people.
As some of our RALEEF handouts state, WE are NOT for Animal Rights -- WE are
for Animal Welfare.
Imagine equating the Holocaust to the slaughter of broiler
chickens........which is another AR statement.......... I'll give you one link
about the AR
movement in a bit....but here's another "simple" explanation: Animal rights,
animal liberation, or animal personhood, <sup id="_ref-Michael_0"
class="reference">
[1] is the movement to protect animals from being used or regarded as
property by human beings. It is a radical social movement <sup
id="_ref-Guither_0"
class="reference">[2] <sup id="_ref-EB1_0" class="reference">[3] insofar as it
aims not only to attain more humane treatment for animals, <sup id="_ref-EB2_0"
class="reference">[4] but also to include species other than human beings
within the moral community <sup id="_ref-0" class="reference">[5] by giving
their
basic interests â?? for example, the interest in avoiding suffering â?? the
same
consideration as those of human beings. <sup id="_ref-EB3_0"
class="reference">[6] The claim is that animals should no longer be regarded
legally or
morally as property, or treated as resources for human purposes, but should
instead
be regarded as persons. <sup id="_ref-AAMC_0" class="reference">[7]

 It isn't a new idea...try reading Orwell's "Animal Farm," for example....in
which animals tried to be humans. Not all the ARistas' ideas are bad, but if
you're going to be an Animal Rights activist, you have to embrace the entire
philosophy, not just the parts you like. The parts you would like are the
tenets
of Animal Welfare...not Animal Rights.

Here's a link to the entire movement and some history:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_rights

I would never say that the movement doesn't mention some good things...but
overall, it is a bunch of extremists who think animals are equal to
humans...and
more ridiculous things....
I've been fighting this fight for more than 12 years...I'm very tired of it.
They are terribly well organized and well funded...and people who like the
sound of "helping animals" don't have a clue as to the real aims of these
groups.............and the lists of AR groups grows daily............ALF, PETA,
HSUS,
SPCA, Doris Day League,
Best Friends, and many, many more. They lump ALL breeders in with puppy
mills. They think no one should eat meat, wear fur or leather, and the like...
it makes me very tired..............
Peggy

 THANK YOU PEGGY.... I do sincerely appreciate your post and i will go to the
Sites and look it up... Any Animal Welfare   Organizations you think are
doing a good job, please post, or send to me privately ...  Thank You, Barb
Williams