  • From: Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 13:52:08 EDT

In a message dated 9/25/2006 11:08:03 PM Pacific Standard Time, Showgsd-
Msg: #3 in digest
From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 01:35:40 EDT
Subject: Re: Metacam....warning

ALSO DERAMAXX....DANGER.
About two years ago Nitro's boy , "Oakley" got foolish and decided to
launch himself about six feet into some shrubs after a??????? don't know. He
came
down HARD and yelped and wouldn't put his foot down for anything. I gave
him overnight with rest and baby aspirin and no luck , the next day he was
worse.....went like crazy to our vet on a Sunday morning. The tech (new) said

Deramaxx...I refused when the front desk person handed to me...she looked at
me
like I had two heads. She didn't realize I had just seen an internet blurb
on the TOXICITY AND MORBIDITY AND IMORTALITY of this drug. The vet tech
argued but relented and gave me a much lesser drug to basically reduce
inflammation.

I saw the news last night about the THOUSANDS of dogs that have died on
Metacam and Deramaxx....DANGER WILL ROBINSON.... I went and gave Mr. Oakley a

hug, and Ken sat slack jawed..."How did you know?" Someone up there was
looking out for us that day.
RESEARCH , LEARN AND EDUCATE YOURSELVES ABOUT DRUGS FOR DOGS AND PEOPLE.
Don't ever just walk into it.
Kathy Tank

_Victory German Shepherds_ (http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com/index.htm)
~ WEBSITE UPDATED: Aug 23, 2006
Home of CH. ELVASTON'S NATIONS CUP, TC, OFA H/E DNA'D "NITRO"
25 BISS/ BESTS OF BREED TO DATE 2006 PACIFIC COAST VICTOR

  KATHY AND  ALL...

          This is SO TRUE, KATHY!!!!!           It is  absolutely  necessary
to investigate for yourself ..  MOST Vets use what the salesmen bring in and
by the time they  find these Drugs are deadly or dangerous,  they have already
taken their toll..
 I always am concerned when people tell other people to use this or that
medication because  it  worked for  their Shepherd ,or Shepherds, , but please
remember, dogs, like humans, may have different health conditions that  would
make such a Medication safe for one dog and perhaps  dangerous for another..
Age/Over-All Health/other medications that dog may be on or was recently on/
etc.
etc... Fortunately with the Internet we are all able to  keep up with much of
it and  I always  believe that every drug has it's down-side...
Plus we are looking at a Genetic  problem, which can affect  Herding Dogs,
which makes  those affected,  unable to get rid of the drugs in  their system.
That is a simple understatement .... More on that soon..
 BUT... Please don't rush to the Newest Drugs on the Market until they have
been  out there for awhile and no  problems have been reported...JMO Barb
Williams