  • From: "Susan Gionfriddo" <gsheps@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 12:59:06 -0400

Thank you to all who have provided me with Helen Franklin's e-mail address.
Also, it was mentioned I should have signed my name. Sorry, I don't normally
post to the list. I honestly thought my name and e-mail address just shows up
automatically.
Susan Zimmer- Gionfriddo
Zimsu German Shepherds
  #1: From: MARILEE WILKINSON
<marifiorigsd@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:marifiorigsd@xxxxxxxxx>>
  Subject: Thank you, Sue Godek
  #2: From: janbraeloch@xxxxxxx<mailto:janbraeloch@xxxxxxx>
  Subject: a beautiful tribute to all of our troops and patriots
  #3: From: gretchanya@xxxxxxx<mailto:gretchanya@xxxxxxx>
  Subject: Looking for a vet in MA
  #4: From: "Carol Weale" <dankagsd01@xxxxxxx<mailto:dankagsd01@xxxxxxx>>
  Subject: Re: Dallas and sons
  #5: From: Brenda Payne <gsdpaz2@xxxxxxx<mailto:gsdpaz2@xxxxxxx>>
  Subject: Video Canadian Nationals
  #6: From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>>
  Subject: THE GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG TEMPERAMENT
  #7: From: TRocknroll@xxxxxxx<mailto:TRocknroll@xxxxxxx>
  Subject: Help Needed
  #8: From: annasylvain@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:annasylvain@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: Re: Video Canadian Nationals
  #9: From: SallyHH31@xxxxxxx<mailto:SallyHH31@xxxxxxx>
  Subject: Re: Vidio --Stand by me
  #10: From: Sandra Kozub <skozub@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:skozub@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
  #11: From: gsdbroon@xxxxxxx<mailto:gsdbroon@xxxxxxx>
  Subject: AKC DELEGATE'S MEETING IN NJ
  #12: From: myjoygs@xxxxxxx<mailto:myjoygs@xxxxxxx>
  Subject: GV and selects
  #13: From: "Susan Gionfriddo" <gsheps@xxxxxxx<mailto:gsheps@xxxxxxx>>
  Subject: Re: showgsd-l Digest V3 #2192

  Msg: #1 in digest
  Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 07:08:51 -0700 (PDT)
  From: MARILEE WILKINSON
<marifiorigsd@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:marifiorigsd@xxxxxxxxx>>

  A Breeder's Brag::::
  At the Rheinland Kennel Club Show (MO) in Sullivan, MO, Ms. Godek awarded
dogs, out my my kennel, that I own, co-own & stud's progeny 1st Open Male,
second & third American-Bred male and 2nd Open bitch. It was a good day. Thank
you, again.
  Marilee Wilkinson
  Pevely, MO
  Life may not be the party we hoped for~but while we are here, we might as
well dance.
  Marilee and Mari-Fiori Shepherds
  Home of AM CH/CAN SEL CH Mari-Fiori's Ruffian of Judeen, HIC OFA,
  AM/CAN CH Mari-Fiori's BoldRuler Judeen, OFA,
  CH Mari-Fiori's Winning Colors, TT, OFA,
  Member of GSDC St. Louis since 1985: Member GSDCA since 1977

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #2 in digest
  Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 10:16:28 -0400
  From: janbraeloch@xxxxxxx<mailto:janbraeloch@xxxxxxx>

  > For you veterans out there and you patriots, this one's for
        you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL-0mdEg0U4&feature=related<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL-0mdEg0U4&feature=related>

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #3 in digest
  Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 10:31:13 -0400
  From: gretchanya@xxxxxxx<mailto:gretchanya@xxxxxxx>

   Hi all -
  I have a puppy buyer in Arlington, Mass., who needs a good vet. Anyone have a
suggestion?

  Becky T. Dickson
  www.gretchanya.com<http://www.gretchanya.com/>
  www.gsdbydesign.com<http://www.gsdbydesign.com/>

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #4 in digest
  From: "Carol Weale" <dankagsd01@xxxxxxx<mailto:dankagsd01@xxxxxxx>>
  Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 07:51:04 -0700

  I think it depends on WHY many breed to a certain dog.  Do they do it
  because everybody else is doing it and want to jump on the band wagon?  Do
  they do it because someone told them it is the next up & coming thing to do?
  Or, do they do it because they have a very strong SET type that they have
  worked long and hard for and feel they can cover what might be week in that
  stud dog line, while getting some of the other qualities that is being
  produced, such as bone and substance.  Some people don't know what they like
  because they don't know what is correct.  They do what is suggested by
  someone who they think is knowledgable.
  One the other hand, there are people who are definite in what they like and
  prefer and do not follow the crowd.
  I think the preference of many changed to fall into line with what was being
  produced and winning.
  I personally would sell the farm before I would chance a short upper arm and
  lifting.  Is that wrong?, not for me.
  I do agree with Linda B that it is very unfeeling to hang some stud dog out
  to dry on this list.    If you got something you didn't like, move on.
  Maybe it's the bitch!!  Whenever we do a breeding, we are taking a chance on
  getting something we didn't plan on.
  It's a tough game and nobody walks away without some failures.  We just need
  to learn how to fail forward.
  Carol
  Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 10:52:02 -0400
  From: Brenda Payne <gsdpaz2@xxxxxxx<mailto:gsdpaz2@xxxxxxx>>

  Was there anyone doing video's this year at the CA Nationals, and if so does
someone have a number or email?

  Everyone have a fabulous day~

  ?Brenda Payne
  www.jescarkennels.com<http://www.jescarkennels.com/>

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #6 in digest
  Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 11:00:19 -0400
  From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>>

http://insidethegermanshepherddogsworld.blogspot.com/<http://insidethegermanshepherddogsworld.blogspot.com/>

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #7 in digest
  From: TRocknroll@xxxxxxx<mailto:TRocknroll@xxxxxxx>
  Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 11:02:54 EDT

  Looking for a place (preferably) someone's home to park my van while
  traveling with a friend to Nationals. We are connecting in Spokane,
Washington
  to travel cross country to the Nationals.  Looking for  someone located near
  I-90.  My van is a Toyota Sienna Mini Van  and does not leak oil, etc. LOL
  Any help is much appreciated.

  Terry

  Terry & Larry Rock
  FaithRock German Shepherds
  Saint  Helens, OR 97051
  503.397.1325
  Home of Dual Titles and CHIC's
  The  Champion Beach Boy' Litter

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #8 in digest
  From: annasylvain@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:annasylvain@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 15:06:46 +0000

  John Gibbons did the video, here is his e-mail:
  Tamar.kennels@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Tamar.kennels@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Anna

  From: SallyHH31@xxxxxxx<mailto:SallyHH31@xxxxxxx>
  Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 11:18:34 EDT

  didn't work for me either

  In a message dated 9/14/2009 6:50:50 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
  pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

http://vimeo,com/moogaloop.swf?dip_id2539741<http://vimeo,com/moogaloop.swf?dip_id2539741>

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #10 in digest
  Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 10:24:45 -0500
  From: Sandra Kozub <skozub@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:skozub@xxxxxxxxxxx>>

  Thanks!  I have been waiting for someone to mention that all of these
  "great" progeny also had mothers & some of
  their success has to be due to the dam's - 50% of the genes!

  In fact, some of the bitches may be contributing many of the good
  qualities.   One time I had a very nice bitch from
  very good bloodlines but not inbred on those lines.   Anyway, I bred her
  three times (the most that I will ever breed).
  There were dogs (males) from each of the three breedings that looked almost
  like twins.   The sires of these litters were NOT
  related to each other in at least four generations.

  Congratulations to all of these progeny being discussed  & BOTH their sire
  and their dams!!

  Sandy

  At 12:04 PM 9/14/2009 +0000, you wrote:
  >My intention was not to review Dallas's direct or indirect contributions -
  >I am very aware of what they are. But rather to ask the question of
  >whether any other dog(s) with similar strengths would have accomplished
  >the same or perhaps even more.
  >by benefiting from the formula that he did.
  >I don't deny the success, I analyze it honestly to determine its value to
  >me as a breeder and how it came to be
  >
  >Additionally I wanted to give particular credit to those breeders with
  >fabulous bitches who produced those sons that are better then the father
  >in all aspects, since the original poster had omitted their contribution
  >completely
  >Kudo's to the momma's who I think contributed far more then you think,
  >particularly to those at the top of the heap.
  >
  >regards,

  Sandra Kozub
  KcK Kennels

http://iweb.tntech.edu/rkozub/kennel.htm<http://iweb.tntech.edu/rkozub/kennel.htm>

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #11 in digest
  Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 11:41:22 -0400
  From: gsdbroon@xxxxxxx<mailto:gsdbroon@xxxxxxx>

  The AKC Board of Directors has removed the 'realignment of breeds' issue
before the Delegates' meeting.? Too much opposition

  viv

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #12 in digest
  Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 11:42:45 -0400
  From: myjoygs@xxxxxxx<mailto:myjoygs@xxxxxxx>

  I am sorry if this was posted, I must have missed it.? Does anyone have who
went GV and the select dogs at the Canadian National?

  Thanks in advance

  Joyce Willis

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #13 in digest
  From: "Susan Gionfriddo" <gsheps@xxxxxxx<mailto:gsheps@xxxxxxx>>
  Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 11:44:35 -0400

  Does anyone have Helen Franklin's current e-mail address? I would like to
write her a POSITIVE statement. Geez, the poor woman just happens to mention
certain lines that are producing and all hell seemed to break loose! We need to
be a little more positive in this day and age. I am not saying be blind to
certain things, just a little more kind.
    #1: From:
InquestGSD@xxxxxxx<mailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx<mailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx%3Cmailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx>>
    #2: From:
Epeters93@xxxxxxx<mailto:Epeters93@xxxxxxx<mailto:Epeters93@xxxxxxx%3Cmailto:Epeters93@xxxxxxx>>
    Subject: Anyone coming to Ohio from Florida with room for another
    #3: From:
lindabankhead@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:lindabankhead@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:lindabankhead@xxxxxxxxxxx%3Cmailto:lindabankhead@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
    #4: From:
InquestGSD@xxxxxxx<mailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx<mailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx%3Cmailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx>>
    #5: From:
InquestGSD@xxxxxxx<mailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx<mailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx%3Cmailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx>>
    Subject: CAN GVX
    #6: From:
Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx<mailto:Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx<mailto:Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx%3Cmailto:Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx>>
    Subject: Re: CAN GVX
    #7: From: "Rebecca Little"
<pbgs@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pbgs@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pbgs@xxxxxxxxxxxx%3Cmailto:pbgs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>>>
    Subject: GSDCA Logo use
    #8: From: "Joan Fox"
<campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx%3Cmailto:campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx>>>
    Subject: Re: GSDCA Logo use
    #9: From:
InquestGSD@xxxxxxx<mailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx<mailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx%3Cmailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx>>
    #10: From: "pmick12"
<pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx%3Cmailto:pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>>>
    #11: From: "pmick12"
<pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx%3Cmailto:pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>>>
    Subject: Goosebump time
    #12: From: "Pat Lukos"
<targa50@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:targa50@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:targa50@xxxxxxxxxxx%3Cmailto:targa50@xxxxxxxxxxx>>>
    Subject: Western PA Specialty
    #13: From: "Carol Weale"
<dankagsd01@xxxxxxx<mailto:dankagsd01@xxxxxxx<mailto:dankagsd01@xxxxxxx%3Cmailto:dankagsd01@xxxxxxx>>>
    Subject: Re: THE LONG COATED SHEPHERD

    Msg: #1 in digest
    From:
InquestGSD@xxxxxxx<mailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx<mailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx%3Cmailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx>>
    Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 08:50:01 EDT

    question posed to me this (early) morning

    ""are you a Dallas hater too?""

    (my answer, so that I cant be misquoted later......LOL)

    listen, knucklehead.......(this is a term of endearment)

    I dont hate Dallas, do yo realize how stupid that sounds? Hating a dog you
    never even lived with?

    I have a Bronson son, whom I ADORE!!!  I have a Bailey daughter, the  apple
    of my eyes!!
    They have MOMS too.

    Like I tell my kids, all their good stuff comes from  me.....ROTFLMAO!!

    How about you go have a cup of decaf and a chill pill?

    Ileana

    ------------------------------

    Msg: #2 in digest
    From:
Epeters93@xxxxxxx<mailto:Epeters93@xxxxxxx<mailto:Epeters93@xxxxxxx%3Cmailto:Epeters93@xxxxxxx>>
    Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 08:59:00 EDT

    Long story shortened:  There is a bitch in the Orlando Florida  area that I
    need to bring to Ohio sometime in October.  Just so happens the  Nationals
    are in Ohio this year.  Is there anyone that has room to  transport her?
    The owner will deliver to your location of choice at time  of choice within
    2-3 hour drive of Orlando area.  I will pick her up the  minute you arrive
    at the Nationals with a couple hours notice.  Please  email me privately:

_epeters93@xxxxxxx<mailto:_epeters93@xxxxxxx<mailto:_epeters93@xxxxxxx%3Cmailto:_epeters93@xxxxxxx>>_

(mailto:epeters93@xxxxxxx<mailto:epeters93@xxxxxxx<mailto:epeters93@xxxxxxx%3Cmailto:epeters93@xxxxxxx>>)
    Thank  You!  :)

    ------------------------------

    Msg: #3 in digest
    Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 13:04:17 +0000 (UTC)
    From:
lindabankhead@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:lindabankhead@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:lindabankhead@xxxxxxxxxxx%3Cmailto:lindabankhead@xxxxxxxxxxx>>

    Obviously your mother and her bloodlines have better tact then mine. LOL

     I would have gone for the juggler!

    listen,  ass &%$**le

    From:
InquestGSD@xxxxxxx<mailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx<mailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx%3Cmailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx>>

    question posed to me this (early) morning
    ""are you a Dallas hater too?""
    (my answer, so that I cant be misquoted later......LOL)
    listen, knucklehead.......(this is a term of endearment)
    I dont hate Dallas, do yo realize how stupid that sounds? Hating a dog you

    never even lived with?
    I have a Bronson son, whom I ADORE!!!  I have a Bailey daughter, the
apple
    of my eyes!!
    They have MOMS too.
    Like I tell my kids, all their good stuff comes from  me.....ROTFLMAO!!
    How about you go have a cup of decaf and a chill pill?
    Ileana

    POST is Copyrighted 2009. Â All material remains the property of the
original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of
any kind are permitted without prior permission of the original author AND of

    For assistance, please contact the List Management at
admin@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx%3Cmailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>>.

    VISIT OUR WEBSITE -
http://showgsd.org<http://showgsd.org/<http://showgsd.org%3chttp//showgsd.org/>>

    NATIONAL BLOG -
http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/<http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/<http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/%3Chttp://gsdnational.blogspot.com/>>

    ------------------------------

    Msg: #4 in digest
    From:
InquestGSD@xxxxxxx<mailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx<mailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx%3Cmailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx>>
    Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 09:15:22 EDT

    In a message dated 9/14/2009 9:09:24 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

 writes:
    Obviously your mother and her bloodlines have better tact then  mine. LOL
    I would have gone for the juggler!
    listen,  ass  &%$**le

    I am having a Zen moment.....too tired from walking the dogs this morning,
    not enough coffee yet....LOL

    Ileana

    ------------------------------

    Msg: #5 in digest
    From:
InquestGSD@xxxxxxx<mailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx<mailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx%3Cmailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx>>
    Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 09:16:59 EDT

    What's the breeding on the Can GVX?

    I was gone for the weekend and missed it all.

    Ileana

    ------------------------------

    Msg: #6 in digest
    From:
Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx<mailto:Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx<mailto:Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx%3Cmailto:Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx>>
    Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 09:18:56 EDT

    In a message dated 9/14/2009 8:17:04 A.M. Central Daylight Time,

 writes:
    What's the breeding on the Can GVX?

    I was gone for the  weekend and missed it all.

    Bono daughter, dam is Alan's breeding Kennelwoods  Victoria Secret who I
    believe has Manny behind her....

    Molly

    Trillia German Shepherds  since 1972 ph 409-287-3940
    Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont  (recording secretary), Life member
    CKC
    "We find comfort among those who  agree with us - growth among those who
    don't".
    ..Frank A  Clark

    ------------------------------

    Msg: #7 in digest
    From: "Rebecca Little"
<pbgs@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pbgs@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pbgs@xxxxxxxxxxxx%3Cmailto:pbgs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>>>
    Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 09:35:38 -0400

    I thought the GSDCA logo was not allowed to be used on anyones website? I
JUST saw it on a website with my own little eyes.
    Rebecca Little
    Peakes Brook German Shepherds

http://sites.centralpets.com/mammals/peakesbrookgsd/index.html<http://sites.centralpets.com/mammals/peakesbrookgsd/index.html<http://sites.centralpets.com/mammals/peakesbrookgsd/index.html%3Chttp://sites.centralpets.com/mammals/peakesbrookgsd/index.html>>

    ------------------------------

    Msg: #8 in digest
    Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 09:43:18 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
    From: "Joan Fox"
<campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx%3Cmailto:campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx>>>

    That's right Rebecca,
    NO GSDCA logo's allowed... Of course, you can link to the GSDCA website a
nd
    please do.
    Send me the site and I will have the error fixed. Not many people know ab
out
    it.
    Joan

    I thought the GSDCA logo was not allowed to be used on anyones website? I
    JUST saw it on a website with my own little eyes.
    Rebecca Little
    Peakes Brook German Shepherds

http://sites.centralpets.com/mammals/peakesbrookgsd/index.html<http://sites.centralpets.com/mammals/peakesbrookgsd/index.html<http://sites.centralpets.com/mammals/peakesbrookgsd/index.html%3Chttp://sites.centralpets.com/mammals/peakesbrookgsd/index.html>>
    =========================  =========================
=========================      POST is Copyrighted 2009.  All material remains
the property of the origi  nal

    PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSL  Y
    FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL
BE
    PROSECUTED.

    For assistance, please contact the List Management at
admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx%3Cmailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>.>

    VISIT OUR WEBSITE -
http://showgsd.org<http://showgsd.org/<http://showgsd.org%3chttp//showgsd.org/>>
    NATIONAL BLOG -
http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/<http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/<http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/%3Chttp://gsdnational.blogspot.com/>>
    =========================  =========================
=========================

    ------------------------------

    Msg: #9 in digest
    From:
InquestGSD@xxxxxxx<mailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx<mailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx%3Cmailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx>>
    Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 09:46:34 EDT

    What's the breeding on the Can GVX?
    Bono  daughter, dam is Alan's breeding Kennelwoods  Victoria Secret who I
    believe has Manny behind her....

    Molly

    GVX from GV from GV..........and there is mom......sounds like good
    breedings.

    but we'll let the breeders brag  <G>

    Ileana

    ------------------------------

    Msg: #10 in digest
    From: "pmick12"
<pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx%3Cmailto:pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>>>
    Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 09:50:00 -0400

    Well, that didn't work.
    Peggy

POST is Copyrighted 2009.  All material remains the property of the

    > PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS
EXPRESSLY
    > BE PROSECUTED.
    >
    > For assistance, please contact the List Management at
admin@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx%3Cmailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>>.

    > VISIT OUR WEBSITE -
http://showgsd.org<http://showgsd.org/<http://showgsd.org%3chttp//showgsd.org/>>
    > NATIONAL BLOG -
http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/<http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/<http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/%3Chttp://gsdnational.blogspot.com/>>

    05:50:00

    ------------------------------

    Msg: #11 in digest
    From: "pmick12"
<pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx%3Cmailto:pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>>>
    Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 09:56:50 -0400

http://www.youtube.com/watch?vzTrr-XHBjE&fmt<http://www.youtube.com/watch?vzTrr-XHBjE&fmt<http://www.youtube.com/watch?vzTrr-XHBjE&fmt<http://www.youtube.com/watch?vzTrr-XHBjE&fmt>>

    ------------------------------

    Msg: #12 in digest
    From: "Pat Lukos"
<targa50@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:targa50@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:targa50@xxxxxxxxxxx%3Cmailto:targa50@xxxxxxxxxxx>>>
    Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 10:05:10 -0400

    It was again an honor for Last Hope to be asked to set up a table at the
GSDC of Western PA.  As usual, this club did an outstanding job and I am proud
to be a member of it.  Members and exhibitors were very generous in buying
tickets for the Chinese Auction and purchasing the gorgeous sweat shirts and
t-shirts and other miscellaneous items on our table for a grand total of $370
for Last Hope.  With fall and winter quickly creeping up on us, the sweat
shirts were the big hit of the day :-)  Thank you Sally!!
    This money all goes for the pull fees, vet visits, s/n, etc. of GSDs pulled
from shelters or bad situations and moved on to forever homes or approved
rescues.  Exhibitors have opened their hearts and pocket books to help us and
for this we truly appreciate it.

    It was a pleasure to meet and talk with Ileana also; I love to put a face
with a name!

    The Team from Last Hope Safe Haven

    Pat Lukos
    SARAVA German Shepherds

www.saravagsd.com<http://www.saravagsd.com/<http://www.saravagsd.com%3chttp//www.saravagsd.com/>>
 (visit updated site)
    Secretary, Last Hope Safe Haven, Inc.

www.lasthopesafehaven.com<http://www.lasthopesafehaven.com/<http://www.lasthopesafehaven.com%3chttp//www.lasthopesafehaven.com/>>

    ------------------------------

    Msg: #13 in digest
    From: "Carol Weale"
<dankagsd01@xxxxxxx<mailto:dankagsd01@xxxxxxx<mailto:dankagsd01@xxxxxxx%3Cmailto:dankagsd01@xxxxxxx>>>
    Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 07:06:54 -0700

    *** The
    way I see it some unsuspecting breeder will breed to a really nice dog not
    knowing about the coat factor and end up with a bunch of unwanted Coated
    dogs.?*** JMO
     The long coat is a minor fault, unlike fault in gait.
    There is NO way some unsuspecting breeder will breed to a really nice dog
    and end up 'with a bunch of unwanted coats' if the bitch doesn't carry the
    coat factor.  It takes two.

    Carol
    From: "Carolyn Martello"
    To:
    Sent: Friday, September 11, 2009 1:08:01 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern

    AH yes........I didn't even get into how most don't repel dirt.........<G>
    Here we have "RED"  clay / dirt......along with all the grasses and weeds
    that
    go with
    living in the Country and on the trails or hiking.
    Same way with poor feet or too much length of back, or too low stationed and

    deep in body.....if
    you take them out on trails in the rocks, etc....or along the rocky river
    banks.....or herding.....you can
    tell why all these flaws really do matter.    We have a perfect Standard
    IMO.
    We kept a long coat .....once........when we lived up in the Mountains of
    Donner
    Lake / Lake Tahoe
    area.    The ice balls on her in the winter ( and they were LONG winters )
    cured me......let alone
    the black dirt up there and stickers when you take them out hiking
    ........and
    they stay wet a lot longer
    when swimming.
    I learned early on from Eric Renner that they would not take them for Guide
    Dogs
    either for the
    same reasons.   Too much maintenance for a blind person.

    On cement and couches a
    nd patios and lawns they are fine.     <G>

    Carolyn

www.Marhaven.com<http://www.marhaven.com/<http://www.marhaven.com%3chttp//www.marhaven.com/>>

      From: Ruth Scheubler To: DaList Sent: Friday, September 11, 2009 9:45 AM
      Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: THE LONG COATED SHEPHERD DISQUALIFIED OR A
    WINNER?

      Good reply, Carolyn.
      I also find there is a care issue when you have a dog with a long soft
    coat
    our in the field. In pet homes they are fine and on very short grass sheep
    arenas, but get them out in brambles or those dreadfull foxtrails or screw
    weed
    and you have a huge issue. And then there is the adobe clay --
      Ruth

      ________________________________
      From: Carolyn Martello
      ?

      From: Barbara Galasso To: 'Showgsd-l' Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009
    7:59
    AM
      Subject: THE LONG COATED SHEPHERD DISQUALIFIED OR A WINNER?

http://insidethegermanshepherddogsworld.blogspot.com/<http://insidethegermanshepherddogsworld.blogspot.com/<http://insidethegermanshepherddogsworld.blogspot.com/%3Chttp://insidethegermanshepherddogsworld.blogspot.com/>>

      Hi Barbara;
      Great articles on your blog.     I enjoy reading them and really
    appreciate
    the way you continue
      to try to get a discussion about 'DOGS'  started.

      Regarding the subject about long coats I probably will be the "odd man
    out"
    on this one as they
      are automatically  'disqualified'  by us in our breedings for keeping,  or

    breeding.  <G>

      Even though it is considered a minor fault......we place long coat puppies
    as
    nice pets as quickly
      as we can once they are vaccinated and clear the Vet check.
    Occasionally
    one is definitely as nice
      as you describe in your article......but they are placed as pets and not
    kept
    for breeding purposes.
      We have never utilized a long coat to try to get more coat in our
    breedings
    either.    It just is not something
      we felt we needed to do although we love a thick lush coat as much as
    anyone.

      I don't personally believe you have to breed to a coat to get a lush thick

    coarse correct coat......?

      Also,  when we place a long coat puppy I really work at getting them in
    homes
    in the city where they are
      just exposed to lawns and cement.   <G>
      We live in the Country......and in o
    ur area when the deer migrate through in
    the winter ticks can be a problem.
      Also Fox Tail  stickers and what I call 'Velcro' stickers are a problem
    here
    and our land is not ALL immaculate
      lawns and the dogs are not kept in cement kennels but loose on the
    property
    much of the time.   To try to deal
      with a long coat with any of the issues described above...from ticks to
    stickers in the area can be a real problem.
      In the snow country......the snow 'balls up'  in little balls of ice on
    their
    coat and won't easilty brush off.
      Not to mention the simple fact that the coat is incorrect in it's
    length.....BUT also in the texture.   It is often
      WAY  too soft to repel dirt, water, stickers, etc.
      I am just grateful for the loving homes that actually want a long coat to
    place them in .....and I never worry
      about letting a pup go that is wonderful in bone, or gait or conformation.

      I love it when we have dogs that do not carry the coat factor.     Just
    another 'minor'  fault to not have
      to be concerned with.   <G>
      My goal is always to get all the wonderful attributes you
    mentioned........
    with a normal correct coat.   <G>

      Carolyn
marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx%3Cmailto:marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

www.Marhaven.com<http://www.marhaven.com/<http://www.marhaven.com%3chttp//www.marhaven.com/>>

    kind

    MANNER
    ALL

    For assistance, please contact the List Management at
admin@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx%3Cmailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>>.

    VISIT OUR WEBSITE -
http://showgsd.org<http://showgsd.org/<http://showgsd.org%3chttp//showgsd.org/>>
    NATIONAL BLOG -
http://gsdnational.blogs<http://gsdnational.blogs/<http://gsdnational.blogs%3chttp//gsdnational.blogs/>>
    pot.com/
    Ann

www.edangsd.com<http://www.edangsd.com/<http://www.edangsd.com%3chttp//www.edangsd.com/>>
    Home of AOE Sel Ex Ch Gilley and Sel Ex Ch Maxwell, #1 dam Muggles,
    Breeder-owner 0f 72 champions and 19 ROMs.
    Proud receipient of Lloyd Brackett Award

    kind

    MANNER
    ALL

[...]

    End of showgsd-l Digest V3 #2192