  • From: "Susan Gionfriddo" <gsheps@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 11:44:35 -0400

Does anyone have Helen Franklin's current e-mail address? I would like to write
her a POSITIVE statement. Geez, the poor woman just happens to mention certain
lines that are producing and all hell seemed to break loose! We need to be a
little more positive in this day and age. I am not saying be blind to certain
things, just a little more kind.
  #1: From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx<mailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx>
  Subject: Re: Dallas and sons
  #2: From: Epeters93@xxxxxxx<mailto:Epeters93@xxxxxxx>
  Subject: Anyone coming to Ohio from Florida with room for another
  #3: From: lindabankhead@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:lindabankhead@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  #4: From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx<mailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx>
  #5: From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx<mailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx>
  Subject: CAN GVX
  #6: From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx<mailto:Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx>
  Subject: Re: CAN GVX
  #7: From: "Rebecca Little" <pbgs@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pbgs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>>
  Subject: GSDCA Logo use
  #8: From: "Joan Fox"
<campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx>>
  Subject: Re: GSDCA Logo use
  #9: From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx<mailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx>
  #10: From: "pmick12" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
  Subject: Re: Vidio --Stand by me
  #11: From: "pmick12" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
  Subject: Goosebump time
  #12: From: "Pat Lukos" <targa50@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:targa50@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
  Subject: Western PA Specialty
  #13: From: "Carol Weale" <dankagsd01@xxxxxxx<mailto:dankagsd01@xxxxxxx>>
  Subject: Re: THE LONG COATED SHEPHERD

  Msg: #1 in digest
  From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx<mailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx>
  Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 08:50:01 EDT

  question posed to me this (early) morning

  ""are you a Dallas hater too?""

  (my answer, so that I cant be misquoted later......LOL)

  listen, knucklehead.......(this is a term of endearment)

  I dont hate Dallas, do yo realize how stupid that sounds? Hating a dog you
  never even lived with?

  I have a Bronson son, whom I ADORE!!!  I have a Bailey daughter, the  apple
  of my eyes!!
  They have MOMS too.

  Like I tell my kids, all their good stuff comes from  me.....ROTFLMAO!!

  How about you go have a cup of decaf and a chill pill?

  Ileana

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #2 in digest
  From: Epeters93@xxxxxxx<mailto:Epeters93@xxxxxxx>
  Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 08:59:00 EDT

  Long story shortened:  There is a bitch in the Orlando Florida  area that I
  need to bring to Ohio sometime in October.  Just so happens the  Nationals
  are in Ohio this year.  Is there anyone that has room to  transport her?
  The owner will deliver to your location of choice at time  of choice within a
  2-3 hour drive of Orlando area.  I will pick her up the  minute you arrive
  at the Nationals with a couple hours notice.  Please  email me privately:
  _epeters93@xxxxxxx<mailto:_epeters93@xxxxxxx>_
(mailto:epeters93@xxxxxxx<mailto:epeters93@xxxxxxx>)    Thank  You!  :)

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #3 in digest
  Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 13:04:17 +0000 (UTC)
  From: lindabankhead@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:lindabankhead@xxxxxxxxxxx>

  Obviously your mother and her bloodlines have better tact then mine. LOL

   I would have gone for the juggler!

  listen,  ass &%$**le

  question posed to me this (early) morning
  ""are you a Dallas hater too?""
  (my answer, so that I cant be misquoted later......LOL)
  listen, knucklehead.......(this is a term of endearment)
  I dont hate Dallas, do yo realize how stupid that sounds? Hating a dog you
  never even lived with?
  I have a Bronson son, whom I ADORE!!!  I have a Bailey daughter, the  apple
  of my eyes!!
  They have MOMS too.
  Like I tell my kids, all their good stuff comes from  me.....ROTFLMAO!!
  How about you go have a cup of decaf and a chill pill?
  Ileana

  POST is Copyrighted 2009. Â All material remains the property of the original

  For assistance, please contact the List Management at
admin@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>.

  VISIT OUR WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org<http://showgsd.org/>
  NATIONAL BLOG -
http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/<http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/>

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #4 in digest
  From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx<mailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx>
  Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 09:15:22 EDT

  In a message dated 9/14/2009 9:09:24 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
  lindabankhead@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:lindabankhead@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
  Obviously your mother and her bloodlines have better tact then  mine. LOL
  I would have gone for the juggler!
  listen,  ass  &%$**le

  I am having a Zen moment.....too tired from walking the dogs this morning,
  not enough coffee yet....LOL

  Ileana

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #5 in digest
  From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx<mailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx>
  Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 09:16:59 EDT

  What's the breeding on the Can GVX?

  I was gone for the weekend and missed it all.

  Ileana

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #6 in digest
  From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx<mailto:Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx>
  Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 09:18:56 EDT

  In a message dated 9/14/2009 8:17:04 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
  InquestGSD@xxxxxxx<mailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx> writes:
  What's the breeding on the Can GVX?

  I was gone for the  weekend and missed it all.

  Bono daughter, dam is Alan's breeding Kennelwoods  Victoria Secret who I
  believe has Manny behind her....

  Molly

  Trillia German Shepherds  since 1972 ph 409-287-3940
  Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont  (recording secretary), Life member
  CKC
  "We find comfort among those who  agree with us - growth among those who
  don't".
  ..Frank A  Clark

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #7 in digest
  From: "Rebecca Little" <pbgs@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pbgs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>>
  Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 09:35:38 -0400

  I thought the GSDCA logo was not allowed to be used on anyones website? I
JUST saw it on a website with my own little eyes.
  Rebecca Little
  Peakes Brook German Shepherds

http://sites.centralpets.com/mammals/peakesbrookgsd/index.html<http://sites.centralpets.com/mammals/peakesbrookgsd/index.html>

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #8 in digest
  Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 09:43:18 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
  From: "Joan Fox" <campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx>>

  That's right Rebecca,
  NO GSDCA logo's allowed... Of course, you can link to the GSDCA website a  nd
  please do.
  Send me the site and I will have the error fixed. Not many people know ab  out
  it.
  Joan

  From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx<mailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx>
  Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 09:46:34 EDT

  What's the breeding on the Can GVX?
  Bono  daughter, dam is Alan's breeding Kennelwoods  Victoria Secret who I
  believe has Manny behind her....

  Molly

  GVX from GV from GV..........and there is mom......sounds like good
  breedings.

  but we'll let the breeders brag  <G>

  Ileana

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #10 in digest
  From: "pmick12" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
  Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 09:50:00 -0400

  Well, that didn't work.
  Peggy

  > For assistance, please contact the List Management at
admin@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>.

  > VISIT OUR WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org<http://showgsd.org/>
  > NATIONAL BLOG -
http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/<http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/>
  05:50:00

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #11 in digest
  From: "pmick12" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
  Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 09:56:50 -0400

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v?Trr-XHBjE&fmt<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v?Trr-XHBjE&fmt>

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #12 in digest
  From: "Pat Lukos" <targa50@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:targa50@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
  Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 10:05:10 -0400

  It was again an honor for Last Hope to be asked to set up a table at the GSDC
of Western PA.  As usual, this club did an outstanding job and I am proud to be
a member of it.  Members and exhibitors were very generous in buying tickets
for the Chinese Auction and purchasing the gorgeous sweat shirts and t-shirts
and other miscellaneous items on our table for a grand total of $370 for Last
Hope.  With fall and winter quickly creeping up on us, the sweat shirts were
the big hit of the day :-)  Thank you Sally!!
  This money all goes for the pull fees, vet visits, s/n, etc. of GSDs pulled
from shelters or bad situations and moved on to forever homes or approved
rescues.  Exhibitors have opened their hearts and pocket books to help us and
for this we truly appreciate it.

  It was a pleasure to meet and talk with Ileana also; I love to put a face
with a name!

  The Team from Last Hope Safe Haven

  Pat Lukos
  SARAVA German Shepherds
  www.saravagsd.com<http://www.saravagsd.com/> (visit updated site)
  Secretary, Last Hope Safe Haven, Inc.
  www.lasthopesafehaven.com<http://www.lasthopesafehaven.com/>

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #13 in digest
  From: "Carol Weale" <dankagsd01@xxxxxxx<mailto:dankagsd01@xxxxxxx>>
  Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 07:06:54 -0700

  *** The
  way I see it some unsuspecting breeder will breed to a really nice dog not
  knowing about the coat factor and end up with a bunch of unwanted Coated
  dogs.?*** JMO
   The long coat is a minor fault, unlike fault in gait.
  There is NO way some unsuspecting breeder will breed to a really nice dog
  and end up 'with a bunch of unwanted coats' if the bitch doesn't carry the
  coat factor.  It takes two.

  Carol
  From: edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  From: "Carolyn Martello"
<marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
    From: Ruth Scheubler To: DaList Sent: Friday, September 11, 2009 9:45 AM
    Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: THE LONG COATED SHEPHERD DISQUALIFIED OR A
  WINNER?

    Good reply, Carolyn.
    I also find there is a care issue when you have a dog with a long soft
  coat
  our in the field. In pet homes they are fine and on very short grass sheep
  arenas, but get them out in brambles or those dreadfull foxtrails or screw
  weed
  and you have a huge issue. And then there is the adobe clay --
    Ruth

    ________________________________
    From: Carolyn Martello
<marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
    ?

    From: Barbara Galasso To: 'Showgsd-l' Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009
  7:59
  AM
    Subject: THE LONG COATED SHEPHERD DISQUALIFIED OR A WINNER?

http://insidethegermanshepherddogsworld.blogspot.com/<http://insidethegermanshepherddogsworld.blogspot.com/>

    Hi Barbara;
    Great articles on your blog.     I enjoy reading them and really
  appreciate
  the way you continue
    to try to get a discussion about 'DOGS'  started.

    Regarding the subject about long coats I probably will be the "odd man
  out"
  on this one as they
    are automatically  'disqualified'  by us in our breedings for keeping,  or

  breeding.  <G>

    Even though it is considered a minor fault......we place long coat puppies
  as
  nice pets as quickly
    as we can once they are vaccinated and clear the Vet check.
  Occasionally
  one is definitely as nice
    as you describe in your article......but they are placed as pets and not
  kept
  for breeding purposes.
    We have never utilized a long coat to try to get more coat in our
  breedings
  either.    It just is not something
    we felt we needed to do although we love a thick lush coat as much as
  anyone.

    I don't personally believe you have to breed to a coat to get a lush thick

  coarse correct coat......?

    Also,  when we place a long coat puppy I really work at getting them in
  homes
  in the city where they are
    just exposed to lawns and cement.   <G>
    We live in the Country......and in o
  ur area when the deer migrate through in
  the winter ticks can be a problem.
    Also Fox Tail  stickers and what I call 'Velcro' stickers are a problem
  here
  and our land is not ALL immaculate
    lawns and the dogs are not kept in cement kennels but loose on the
  property
  much of the time.   To try to deal
    with a long coat with any of the issues described above...from ticks to
  stickers in the area can be a real problem.
    In the snow country......the snow 'balls up'  in little balls of ice on
  their
  coat and won't easilty brush off.
    Not to mention the simple fact that the coat is incorrect in it's
  length.....BUT also in the texture.   It is often
    WAY  too soft to repel dirt, water, stickers, etc.
    I am just grateful for the loving homes that actually want a long coat to
  place them in .....and I never worry
    about letting a pup go that is wonderful in bone, or gait or conformation.

    I love it when we have dogs that do not carry the coat factor.     Just
  another 'minor'  fault to not have
    to be concerned with.   <G>
    My goal is always to get all the wonderful attributes you
  mentioned........
  with a normal correct coat.   <G>

    Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    www.Marhaven.com<http://www.marhaven.com/>

  kind

  MANNER
  ALL

  For assistance, please contact the List Management at
admin@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>.

  VISIT OUR WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org<http://showgsd.org/>
  NATIONAL BLOG - http://gsdnational.blogs<http://gsdnational.blogs/>
  pot.com/
  Ann
  www.edangsd.com<http://www.edangsd.com/>
  Home of AOE Sel Ex Ch Gilley and Sel Ex Ch Maxwell, #1 dam Muggles,
  Breeder-owner 0f 72 champions and 19 ROMs.
  Proud receipient of Lloyd Brackett Award

  kind

  MANNER
  ALL

  For assistance, please contact the List Management at
admin@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>.

  VISIT OUR WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org<http://showgsd.org/>
  NATIONAL BLOG -
http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/<http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/>

  For assistance, please contact the List Management at
admin@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>.

  VISIT OUR WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org<http://showgsd.org/>
  NATIONAL BLOG -
http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/<http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/>

  For assistance, please contact the List Management at
admin@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>.

  VISIT OUR WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org<http://showgsd.org/>
  NATIONAL BLOG -
http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/<http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/>